Have you seen the England Squad?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

No Connor, Shaul, Naulago or Savelio. Absolute joke of a squad

Hang on a minute, are you a Hull fan?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Hullfan said:

No Connor, Shaul, Naulago or Savelio. Absolute joke of a squad

I'm surprised that Connor misses out, and Naulago should be in imo assuming he qualifies. 

But Savelio, despite having the talent, has barely strung together 2 games in the last 3 years. He needs to get fit and have an extended run in the team before we start talking about England. 

And as for Shaul. I wouldn't even pick him at FB for Hull, let alone England. 

Glad to see Smithies in. Always think it's worthwhile including a couple of prospects who maybe aren't ready to be regular internationals just yet but have the potential to be. Good experience being around the elite squad.

Also glad to see Austin and Hastings out. They're not English. Plus a kick up the arris for Widdop et al as well.

Too early for the likes of Savellio to be included. Sure he's had a couple of good performances recently but he's an experienced player who hasn't shown anything like international class previously. Keep it up for the season and he'll be in.

Still think Roby has a lot to offer in tandem with Clarke. I mean the guy doesn't play for months, rocks up against the best team in the world making something like 40 tackles in half a game without missing one IIRC. He'll get plenty of rest through the season too so can't see fitness being an issue.

23 minutes ago, Moove said:

Glad to see Smithies in. Always think it's worthwhile including a couple of prospects who maybe aren't ready to be regular internationals just yet but have the potential to be. Good experience being around the elite squad.

I agree but Smithies isn’t in! Boo!

34 minutes ago, Moove said:

Also glad to see Austin and Hastings out. They're not English. 

Have they ever been in, neither has been selected in an England squad, they were selected for GB. 

7 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Liam Farrell's in there... 

He plays a hell of a banjo.  Rockin too.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Warrington must be the form team with 8 players in the full squad and more players in the Knights squad. 

Wheres the petition to get Jackson Hastings back in the squad?

regards Warrington... it can't be based on away form then... 

Mr Wane was at Headingly for the Leeds Warrington game so he must have seen something about Warringtons players that still impress him... although nobody else did...

22 minutes ago, Pulga said:

The next few years could be very interesting for England. I could see them dropping below Tonga, Fiji and PNG. 

Last results against these three.

Tonga 18 England 20

England 34 Fiji 12

England 36 PNG 6

Remind us again of the last Australia results against these three.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Last results against these three.

Tonga 18 England 20

England 34 Fiji 12

England 36 PNG 6

Remind us again of the last Australia results against these three.

I don't see the relevance.

They're all going to be closing in on Australia too. I just think England will likely lose to Fiji or PNG as well as Tonga.

new rise.jpg

No Truman in the squad, no mention of him in the 4 pages of this thread....am I missing something? I thought overall last season he had a good season and has started 2020 in fine form.

Agree about Hill, sometimes you just gotta let go...

14 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

No Truman in the squad, no mention of him in the 4 pages of this thread....am I missing something? I thought overall last season he had a good season and has started 2020 in fine form.

Agree about Hill, sometimes you just gotta let go...

8 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I hope to see Trueman and Lees force their way into the squad for the Ahes.

18 minutes ago, Pulga said:

I don't see the relevance.

They're all going to be closing in on Australia too. I just think England will likely lose to Fiji or PNG as well as Tonga.

Can't see it myself. Tonga will be a strong team for the foreseeable future but I don't see PNG or Fiji getting close to the tier 1 teams on a regular basis.

6 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I missed that! Still, I hope he forces his way into the squad

I agree. I think he has had a great start to the year.

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Can't see it myself. Tonga will be a strong team for the foreseeable future but I don't see PNG or Fiji getting close to the tier 1 teams on a regular basis.

PNG beating GB and Fiji beating NZ isn't getting closer?

PNG having a team in the Qld cup and Fiji moving towards a team in the NSW cup is going to be huge. It's already showing. 

new rise.jpg

6 hours ago, Pulga said:

PNG beating GB and Fiji beating NZ isn't getting closer?

PNG having a team in the Qld cup and Fiji moving towards a team in the NSW cup is going to be huge. It's already showing. 

Yes, it's great for the international game that Tonga and Fiji beat New Zealand, PNG and Tonga beat Great Britain and Tonga beat Australia. Long may these types of results continue. 

But these results are a little bit away from PNG or Fiji defeating the tier 1 teams on a regular basis. Remember, your original premise was not that PNG pr Fiji will be competitive with the tier 1 nations and even get some victories; rather that they will overtake England in the world order which is the point I am disputing. 

Is refusing to select players who qualify, but were born elsewhere illegal under The equality act?

The Equality Act 2010 says you must not be discriminated against because of your race. 

In the Equality Act, race can mean your colour, or your nationality (including your citizenship). It can also mean your ethnic or national origins, which may not be the same as your current nationality. For example, you may have Chinese national origins and be living in Britain with a British passport.

Race also covers ethnic and racial groups. This means a group of people who all share the same protected characteristic of ethnicity or race. 

A racial group can be made up of two or more distinct racial groups, for example black Britons, British Asians, British Sikhs, British Jews, Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers.

You may be discriminated against because of one or more aspects of your race, for example people born in Britain to Jamaican parents could be discriminated against because they are British citizens, or because of their Jamaican national origins.

2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Is refusing to select players who qualify, but were born elsewhere illegal under The equality act?

Your whole point starts with a false premise. He is not refusing to select them, he is just not selecting them.

50 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Your whole point starts with a false premise. He is not refusing to select them, he is just not selecting them.

Exactly. Austin is obviously not good enough and Hastings would be borderline - but behind enough players for it not to be a surprise. 

People called Romans they go the house

Archived