New signing

Batley Bob

15 hours ago, phildog said:

Don't know if Joe is naturalised so that may be a problem with a visa, Louis either hasn't got one or has been a bad lad! GOR or Coolie might have the answer, did he travel with them last season?

A visa is not yet a requirement for France for British citizens. I don't know why LW isn't travelling - maybe he has been dropped?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 06/03/2020 at 11:01, Keep The Faith said:

The pack has been the same strength since 2010 but with different faces added every few seasons we have a workman pack 

we lack a leadership a Barry Eaton, Tomlinson style of player Half backs haven’t been strengthened or replaced since walker or brambani left or slowed down in my eyes, onto centres we haven’t had 2 decent centres in a few years due to injuries or form for me we are lacking pace & try scoring ability 

I agree to an extent, but the balance of the pack this year is right which makes this one standout.

Walshaw and Everett have been revelations imo and far better than I expected. I was critical of Leaks' distribution last season, but he looks to have worked on it and improved. As stated above, we have found an absolute gem in Bowman he is a genuine ball playing loose forward, the likes I thought had disappeared from the game. 

I thought Lunt might be taking on the leadership role, but he's not really doing the minutes to do that.

I don’t really understand the agreement with Leeds, we have Dupree on loan, but the glaringly obvious weakness in the centre hasn't been resolved. I thought we would be pulling out all of the stops to get Broadbent back. 

17 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I agree to an extent, but the balance of the pack this year is right which makes this one standout.

Walshaw and Everett have been revelations imo and far better than I expected. I was critical of Leaks' distribution last season, but he looks to have worked on it and improved. As stated above, we have found an absolute gem in Bowman he is a genuine ball playing loose forward, the likes I thought had disappeared from the game. 

I thought Lunt might be taking on the leadership role, but he's not really doing the minutes to do that.

I don’t really understand the agreement with Leeds, we have Dupree on loan, but the glaringly obvious weakness in the centre hasn't been resolved. I thought we would be pulling out all of the stops to get Broadbent back. 

Leeds want to play Broadbent at stand off in their reserves apparently rather than him playing at centre. 

2 hours ago, bulldogs17 said:

Leeds want to play Broadbent at stand off in their reserves apparently rather than him playing at centre. 

Thx for the info b17. I wasn't aware of that, maybe a swap with Yates could be worth a shot in that case and move White to scrum half? Although it doesn't solve the centre issue, it would at least help the guy at centre having to just cover his own man rather than 2.

3 hours ago, bulldogs17 said:

Ironic  that.  When he played with us they wanted him playing centre. But then again they are his bosses. 

Sorry just got phone back was logged in as BISSA.

Its Colinb.

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Correct DD or Batley would lose an interchange for not name a full 21 

That could be interesting when the likes of Fev & Leigh are picking folk from the crowd to make  their 21 up if the past is owt to go by!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

That could be interesting when the likes of Fev & Leigh are picking folk from the crowd to make  their 21 up if the past is owt to go by!

They only need to name 21, they don't actually have to be available.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No they wouldn't. You only lose interchanges if players who weren't named in the original squad are included in the match day team.

You and your facts LTS!

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You and your facts LTS!

Forgot to add that applies only if there are no allowable reasons for the changes, which include recall of a DR player by his parent club or suspension of a player after the squad has been named and in other 'exceptional circumstances' when the club can appeal to the RFL for dispensation.

Archived