South Stand

Blind side johnny

https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2020/03/04/south-stand-fixture-closures/?fbclid=IwAR3gt6YITkfDGyKqypNwDN-j_bPtuvFS7XzJt6XC6nB8cdN3_12eowxwf-E

Understandable (did you see what I did there?) but I do hope that this isn't the thin end of the wedge.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

41 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2020/03/04/south-stand-fixture-closures/?fbclid=IwAR3gt6YITkfDGyKqypNwDN-j_bPtuvFS7XzJt6XC6nB8cdN3_12eowxwf-E

Understandable (did you see what I did there?) but I do hope that this isn't the thin end of the wedge.

Disappointing, but having noted the amazing number of stewards that were fronting up on the South Stand on Sunday Im not surprised.  Must have cost a small fortune

2 minutes ago, NickD said:

Disappointing, but having noted the amazing number of stewards that were fronting up on the South Stand on Sunday Im not surprised.  Must have cost a small fortune

Thay were specifically tasked with looking out for fat Widnes fans with carrier bags.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Another decision where i'm beginning wonder as to what's going on.what do the st holders of the south stand think of this?

If this is to be the norm & moving home fixtures to 40 million pound headingley, why not knock the st stand down & widen the pitch.

It would shut up the moaners in the rest of rl. I wish 2 or 300 people in the new estate would fall out of their houses and support the club. 

No doubt at the end of the season ,when the club has made a profit from the bulls and the leeds trip it will become clearer.

35 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Another decision where i'm beginning wonder as to what's going on.what do the st holders of the south stand think of this?

If this is to be the norm & moving home fixtures to 40 million pound headingley, why not knock the st stand down & widen the pitch.

It would shut up the moaners in the rest of rl. I wish 2 or 300 people in the new estate would fall out of their houses and support the club. 

No doubt at the end of the season ,when the club has made a profit from the bulls and the leeds trip it will become clearer.

As a south stand season ticket holder Im happy with the decision not to open the S Stand.  Not ideal but if we can manage without the 10 stewards and save some dosh lets go for it.

With regards the double header at Headingley, can't wait.  Really great idea for me....

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So your closing the South Stand but having the South/seated stand open? 

Don't point out typos LTS, it doesn't go down well, as I know.  ?

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thay were specifically tasked with looking out for fat Widnes fans with carrier bags.

One in particular wearing trainers and trying to eat a burger and carrying a drink?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Don't point out typos LTS, it doesn't go down well, as I know.  ?

I thought Roger's suggestion was a good one and the Club could open up the dugouts (they're at the southern end of the seated stand afterall ?) Entice folk in by letting them be coach for the day!

22 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I thought Roger's suggestion was a good one and the Club could open up the dugouts (they're at the southern end of the seated stand afterall ?) Entice folk in by letting them be coach for the day!

Or close all the stands and send them to Batley ???

IMG_0583.JPG

Understandable cost cutting exercise though it will restrict our opportunities to obuse verbally the ref and opposing players and water carrier Keith Senior at close quarters for at least one half of the game! And if it rains and the main stand is full will they give out free plastic capes for us diehards behind the sticks? Or free RA&B brollies on a loan/ deposit system (not that they would be much use against our usual horizontal rain)?

4 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Understandable cost cutting exercise though it will restrict our opportunities to obuse verbally the ref and opposing players and water carrier Keith Senior at close quarters for at least one half of the game! And if it rains and the main stand is full will they give out free plastic capes for us diehards behind the sticks? Or free RA&B brollies on a loan/ deposit system (not that they would be much use against our usual horizontal rain)?

Could easily go pear shaped if everyone takes up the Mother’s Day offer and it rains??

21 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Keith Senior - is he now with Toulouse Olympique your reverance?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

And if it pours down you can rule the open stand out also 3 or 4 rows of seats in the North Stand.The amount of stewards for the Widnes game was the amount required by law.You can if agreed by Kirklees run with reduced stewards or you could close 2 sections of the south stand.The people on here agreeing to the closure will be the first to complain if problems arise in the North Stand.

If the Royal suite is being used for hospitality ..... where do we get a beer from? The bailey bar is only usually accessible from outside the ground......  what about the toilets??  

For me it would be easier to close the open terrace and leave the South stand and the Amber Ribbon bar open ... I would guess the terrace will need a similar amount of stewards as the South stand ( actually sometimes I wonder why that terrace was developed) ... turnstiles are usually manned by volunteers ..  I really don't get it.. where really is the significant cost saving?  ....  Plus entertainment should be focussed on what the  customers want and costs should be budgeted and controlled accordingly.... the majority of 'customers' at the Rams choose the South stand!  

If my local shop stopped stocking beer and wine I would go to a different shop!

If it rains the North stand protection from the rain only really applies to the seats at the back and the boxes ... at least the South stand affords good protection from the weather .... so we all get soaked and the best stand with a cover goes unused!!  Classic!!

I don't have access or knowledge of the details so I can only speculate .. but from my perspective I don't see the significant cost benefits .... Now if the South stand and the terrace were both closed then that would make sense ... but they are not  !!

You can please all of the people some of the time.............. etc 

Sometimes, surely, there has to be a prudent approach to these things and the costs of those plastic bobbies (for which, I understand, you can blame Kirklees Council) for the South Stand will, I'm sure, be significant and if they can be avoided for just three games (against clubs who bring little or no support) then, why not ??

The Beaumont Terrace is available for those who prefer to stand or, with positive glasses on, South Stand ST Holders get a free upgrade to seated facilities for three games........... (I haven't seen any posts from North Stand inhabitants complaining about that)

The club is trying to enhance the Match Day experience and, on Mothers Day, a family of Mum & Dad and however many Under-16's could enjoy an afternoon out for a maximum cost of £20......... Or less if 'Dad'is already a ST holder.......... And there ARE a lot of ladies who do enjoy and play Rugby League  .........This on a day where the nearest other RL  (Super League or Championship) is at Halifax.......... If we can attract just a few from Wakefield / Leeds etc then who knows ?? They just might enjoy it enough to visit again ...... and spend a few pennies whilst there ?  

No....it's not a perfect scenario....... but if the club can muster together say £10k from these actions / promotions and transfer that to the playing budget, isn't that as good as it's going to get ???? 

1 hour ago, Therein73 said:

You can please all of the people some of the time.............. etc 

Ahem... surely you're not including BSJ & GOR in this statement Tin73 ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Therein73 has clarified something that quite a few people have asked about - namely that the price for hospitality also includes  admission to the match.  I Know  it's obvious to most people  but it's not stated in the club info and might just persuade mildly interested persons to become very interested.

3 hours ago, myview said:

Therein73 has clarified something that quite a few people have asked about - namely that the price for hospitality also includes  admission to the match.  I Know  it's obvious to most people  but it's not stated in the club info and might just persuade mildly interested persons to become very interested.

If you read the Ladies Day vs Toulouse article on the website, it spells out the Hospitality prices specific for the Toulouse game....

Just under the "Hospitality Upgrade" heading............ Hopefully that avoids any confusion ?

On 05/03/2020 at 09:02, graham fisher said:

That’s the one.

dont forget his  comfy cushion too to sit in the seats with having saved a £1 by coming in wrong gate. he were a big lad too as i helped get him off floor sat in mud. turned out a good day for the fella.

The game against Toulouse has now been formally postponed due to their inability or unwillingness to travel.

https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2020/03/16/toulouse-game-postponed/

Archived