8 Mar: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 3pm

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/20 at 15:00

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, my missus said:

just got back and have to say wigan made hard work of that against a terrible kr side who were helped out by a terrible ref, yes wigan may see a ban for at least one of the third man tackles.

on that performance kr fighting relegation with salford.

att 11900 and summat.

Not a bad crowd. These days I mean, 5-10 years ago it would have been woeful. 

59 minutes ago, my missus said:

just got back and have to say wigan made hard work of that against a terrible kr side who were helped out by a terrible ref, yes wigan may see a ban for at least one of the third man tackles.

Oh dear, same as the Hull FC game then? ?

And as for the bit in bold, after the well publicised referee abuse thread of the last couple of days, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

And yet you find it amusing?

Doesn’t look great going in on the legs that aggressively third man is frowned on nowadays. Think he might get a couple of games the one thing in his favour is he goes with the natural bend of the knee. 

The Wigan fan and poster on here "my missus" will no doubt find it funny.

Those "tackles are completely unnecessary and potentially season ending.

Best wishes to the kid.

9 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

The Wigan fan and poster on here "my missus" will no doubt find it funny.

That's a bizarre and rather sick assertion. I'll wait 'til I actually see the incident before I decide that the BBC Humberside commentators and Hull KR fans were right in their claims.

And even if it turns out to be a foul tackle (deliberate or not), I still won't find it "funny".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

That's a bizarre and rather sick assertion. I'll wait 'til I actually see the incident before I decide that the BBC Humberside commentators and Hull KR fans were right in their claims.

And even if it turns out to be a foul tackle (deliberate or not), I still won't find it "funny".

Are you using two different usernames ot something?

It didn't look good at the time but as has been mentioned Flower went into the bend of the knee which is common place. Still reckon he'll cop a ban. When players tackle with the bend of the knee perhaps three are tackling the man and one player drops to tackle round the legs. Flower came in with power into the knee and the HKR man was injured and (AFAIK) didn't return. 

The whole match was not a good watch and just roll on next week.

16 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Are you using two different usernames ot something?

No.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan have previous for those sort of tackles going back to the McGuire days, it's part of their DNA as shown with the young forwards coming through. Then they wonder why the rest of the league doesn't like them.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Sorry but I was getting a bit fed up of him posting laughing emoticons after my posts without bothering to comment.

His Wigan bias knows no limits.

15 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Sorry but I was getting a bit fed up of him posting laughing emoticons after my posts without bothering to comment.

His Wigan bias knows no limits.

finally you got it, why should i comment on your pathetic attempts to goad me.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

2 hours ago, my missus said:

finally you got it, why should i comment on your pathetic attempts to goad me.

You just don't see it do you?

After Wigan beat Hull, you didn't even know how many tries Hull had scored, and when I pointed this out you suggested it was only a refereeing error that allowed Hull to score at all.

And similarly today, according to you, Hull KR were only allowed to compete due to a terrible referee.

I have no interest in "goading" you, I was merely pointing out that, on a weekend when RL fans are coming under scrutiny for abuse and criticism of officials, you're still flying the flag for the exact type of fan that we want rooting out of our game. The one that suggests that, if their team's not doing as well as they expect, it's always the ref's fault.

You'll never change.

10 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Doesn’t look great going in on the legs that aggressively third man is frowned on nowadays. Think he might get a couple of games the one thing in his favour is he goes with the natural bend of the knee. 

I think he'll be looking at 3-5 games for it. Joe Shorrocks got 5 games for a tackle that was probably worse in our academy game against Widnes. I don't think there was anything malicious in it. Flower has been playing for 12 years and as a mobile prop it's his job to be the one to bend his back and tackle the legs and in all that time I don't think he's done so in a dangerous manner. That's why these tackles are such an issue though. You might be able to tackle someone safely and without risk most of the time, but get the wrong timing, the wrong angle, and the risks to a player are huge. Hopefully Storton is okay.

10 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Wigan have previous for those sort of tackles going back to the McGuire days, it's part of their DNA as shown with the young forwards coming through. Then they wonder why the rest of the league doesn't like them.

Nah, everyone hates Wigan because they have won so many trophies. Your spurious comment regarding Wigan’s young forwards is beneath contempt and not worth further discussion.

Tackle doesn’t look great and he will probably cop a ban for it.

Havent seen the tackle but this is my take on this type. 

I know the disciplinary often quote the ''natural bend of the knee' or similar but when a tackler (or more than one) are twisting and pulling at a player, any direct hit on the knee joints is not good and should be penalised.  It can easily be stopped before it gets to that by calling 'held'.

Frankly, the modern method of wrapping up the ball, 2nd man in supporting that and then a 3rd man in taking the legs bores me to death.  I think it came in with Bellamy's wrestling programme 2007 ish to dominate the ball carrier and slow the PTB down.  Probably a bi product was the 'pelt the ball through your legs' PTB to regain some speed out of the ruck..

17 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Didn’t Flower nearly join HKR (or was that a made up story)? 

I haven’t seen the game, so will need to ask my (95 year old) pitch side reporter. As it is well over 70 years since she last spotted a Wigan infringement, I expect that there will be no case to answer from her perspective...

At Oldham last week, following some dubious tackling by the opposition, one of our female fans shouted " Take his head off ... (pause for afterthought) ... legally"

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

13 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

You just don't see it do you?

After Wigan beat Hull, you didn't even know how many tries Hull had scored, and when I pointed this out you suggested it was only a refereeing error that allowed Hull to score at all.

And similarly today, according to you, Hull KR were only allowed to compete due to a terrible referee.

I have no interest in "goading" you, I was merely pointing out that, on a weekend when RL fans are coming under scrutiny for abuse and criticism of officials, you're still flying the flag for the exact type of fan that we want rooting out of our game. The one that suggests that, if their team's not doing as well as they expect, it's always the ref's fault.

You'll never change.

First of all you accuse me of finding a it funny when a player gets injured i would never wish any player from any team to get injured and stated that flower would probably get a ban.

i make no apology for saying the ref was terrible he was, i should have said he was terrible for both teams but probably saved KR from a real hammering with a couple of odd decisions, he was obviously inexperienced at that level which is why we had hicks and childs running the touch lines.

and yes you were trying to goad me you do it on all your posts all the time.

and i was at the game you were not.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Havent seen the tackle but this is my take on this type. 

I know the disciplinary often quote the ''natural bend of the knee' or similar but when a tackler (or more than one) are twisting and pulling at a player, any direct hit on the knee joints is not good and should be penalised.  It can easily be stopped before it gets to that by calling 'held'.

Frankly, the modern method of wrapping up the ball, 2nd man in supporting that and then a 3rd man in taking the legs bores me to death.  I think it came in with Bellamy's wrestling programme 2007 ish to dominate the ball carrier and slow the PTB down.  Probably a bi product was the 'pelt the ball through your legs' PTB to regain some speed out of the ruck..

i find the 'natural bend' thing is a bit of a cop out, as when these incidents occur the ball carrier usually falls to the floor under the weight of the two upper body tackles and collapses with with the shithouse thats gone for the knees underneath and in the space that the knees bend, and then can't fall properly and there is pressure on the ankles etc.

This sort of thing used to drive smith mad when he was at warrington, it's baffling that wigan are still using/getting away with it.

27 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i find the 'natural bend' thing is a bit of a cop out, as when these incidents occur the ball carrier usually falls to the floor under the weight of the two upper body tackles and collapses with with the shithouse thats gone for the knees underneath and in the space that the knees bend, and then can't fall properly and there is pressure on the ankles etc.

This sort of thing used to drive smith mad when he was at warrington, it's baffling that wigan are still using/getting away with it.

Its what they will refer to on the disciplinary.  

Archived