8 Mar: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 3pm

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/20 at 15:00

I have seen 3 man tackles in which, with bad luck, the tackled player could get injured in every game I have watched this season. Under Lam, Wigan’s behaviour in defence around the ruck has been far crisper and less intense than under Wane. I am happy to let the disciplinary committee form its own view, as I think they generally do a very good job, and if he is shown to have deliberately endangered someone he should sit out a lot of games. We should have sacked him after his horrible assault which lost us the GF, and I will shed no tears if he leaves us at the end of his contract.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i find the 'natural bend' thing is a bit of a cop out, as when these incidents occur the ball carrier usually falls to the floor under the weight of the two upper body tackles and collapses with with the shithouse thats gone for the knees underneath and in the space that the knees bend, and then can't fall properly and there is pressure on the ankles etc.

This sort of thing used to drive smith mad when he was at warrington, it's baffling that wigan are still using/getting away with it.

Are Wigan the only team tackling in this way?

I’ll answer that for you, no they aren’t.

its also quite amusing being taken to task by a Wire fan considering the state of your discipline this season.

Liligiifo Sao (Hull FC) – Grade A Strikes – 1 Match Penalty Notice

Sam Tomkins (Catalans) – Grade B Trip – 2 Match Penalty Notice

Ben Flower (Wigan) – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice 

Oliver Partington (Wigan) – Grade D Dangerous Contact – Refer to Tribunal 

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

2 hours ago, my missus said:

First of all you accuse me of finding a it funny when a player gets injured i would never wish any player from any team to get injured and stated that flower would probably get a ban.

i make no apology for saying the ref was terrible he was, i should have said he was terrible for both teams but probably saved KR from a real hammering with a couple of odd decisions, he was obviously inexperienced at that level which is why we had hicks and childs running the touch lines.

and yes you were trying to goad me you do it on all your posts all the time.

and i was at the game you were not.

You and futtocks should have known full well why I put that you would no doubt find it funny. It was due to you repeatedly posting a laughing emoticon after my posts without bothering to reply properly. I wouldn't expect any poster on here to think that an injury to a player was funny. If anybody was goading someone, it was you goading me with those infantile "replies".

And there you go again, saying a referee was terrible and also that he prevented Hull KR from receiving a "real hammering". So you clearly didn't mean he was terrible for both sides.

I'm the last person on here to want to be too generous in my praise for Hull KR but maybe, just maybe, they didn't roll over in front of you and your fellow Wigan fans and, instead, gave it a good go. Perhaps it was their effort and not a "terrible referee" that kept the scores close.

Good to see the RFL deeming both third man in tackles as worthy of a ban. Not that that helps either Storton or Mullhane, the former who went straight off and the latter who could only continue as a bit part player after the challenge on him.

Let's hope these bans are continually dished out for these sort of "tackles". As I've said plenty enough before, our great game is tough enough without that sort of sh*t.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

good grief can you not read anything but what suits you no wonder you have made so many posts you post just for the hell of it.

thats it your blocked.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Rovers started the game with 8 missing including 5 overseas players. They finished with 4 more injured and no subs thanks in no small part to Wigan's use of the cannonball tackle.

Apparently the late hit on Keyes with the shoulder which also resulted in a bad injury wasn't an issue at least there was no charge. Wigan's banned players will miss the game against Salford who are down at the bottom with Rovers. Wonderful. 

Two disallowed tries which could just as easily have been given both for marginal forward passes didn't help the cause either.

Very gutsy display from Rovers but not getting much luck at the moment.

1 hour ago, my missus said:

good grief can you not read anything but what suits you no wonder you have made so many posts you post just for the hell of it.

thats it your blocked.

Please tell me what parts of my last post you disagree with, I'd be quite happy to discuss it with you, as I have with all the posts on this thread.

But if you just reply with a laughing emoticon or a post such as the one I've quoted, I guess you've accepted that you're wrong.

I'm perfectly happy to not have to bother discussing your anti referee drivel and Wigan bias with you again.

Oh, and perfect grammar in the above post too, I notice.

Enjoy your evening.

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers started the game with 8 missing including 5 overseas players. They finished with 4 more injured and no subs thanks in no small part to Wigan's use of the cannonball tackle.

Apparently the late hit on Keyes with the shoulder which also resulted in a bad injury wasn't an issue at least there was no charge. Wigan's banned players will miss the game against Salford who are down at the bottom with Rovers. Wonderful. 

Two disallowed tries which could just as easily have been given both for marginal forward passes didn't help the cause either.

Very gutsy display from Rovers but not getting much luck at the moment.

You must be mistaken, your lot would have been hammered but for a terrible referee.

Check the earlier posts on this thread.

It must be true. 

20 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is there footage of this “tackle”? Seen a lot said about it but haven’t actually seen it. 

The Flower tackle on Storton is included in this bit of video :

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/let-the-disciplinary-decide-flowers-fate-says-smith-27753/

5 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Are Wigan the only team tackling in this way?

I’ll answer that for you, no they aren’t.

its also quite amusing being taken to task by a Wire fan considering the state of your discipline this season.

Hmmm, it pretty much is wigan doing this, now, every one else has phased it out. And 95% percent of non wigan fans have reacted pretty much by saying, they're not surprised after seeing this. 

Aside from hills red card in the first game, what's our discipline been like?

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

The Flower tackle on Storton is included in this bit of video :

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/let-the-disciplinary-decide-flowers-fate-says-smith-27753/

Absolutely hate those tackles. Contact was at the knees or below and well worth a ban.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

32 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Hmmm, it pretty much is wigan doing this, now, every one else has phased it out. And 95% percent of non wigan fans have reacted pretty much by saying, they're not surprised after seeing this. 

Aside from hills red card in the first game, what's our discipline been like?

No it isn’t, and you repeating it over and over does not make it true.

Please name the 95% of non-Wigan fans who have expressed this opinion, and also explain how this makes anything true.

On 08/03/2020 at 20:04, Old Frightful said:

The Wigan fan and poster on here "my missus" will no doubt find it funny.

Those "tackles are completely unnecessary and potentially season ending.

Best wishes to the kid.

He was watching a different game to me. We played well. 

It was entertaining. I enjoyed it despite losing.

Ref did well overall. He had Hicks and Child helping out. 

Just seems like an unnecessary excuse to complain.

22 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

No it isn’t, and you repeating it over and over does not make it true.

Please name the 95% of non-Wigan fans who have expressed this opinion, and also explain how this makes anything true.

So, no answer for the wire discipline straw man?

Btw, re the 95%, expect that to get even more prominent now the video of partington's 'tackle' has surfaced. 

Its not just wigan that utilize this, its just very unfortunate that 2 of your players did it in the same game and injured the opponents with it.

#snapthepole

21 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

He was watching a different game to me. We played well. 

It was entertaining. I enjoyed it despite losing.

Ref did well overall. He had Hicks and Child helping out. 

Just seems like an unnecessary excuse to complain.

Yours is a balanced opinion mate.

He'll never have a balanced opinion in his life, sadly.

Glad you enjoyed your day out.

20 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

So, no answer for the wire discipline straw man?

Btw, re the 95%, expect that to get even more prominent now the video of partington's 'tackle' has surfaced. 

Its not just wigan that utilize this, its just very unfortunate that 2 of your players did it in the same game and injured the opponents with it.

#snapthepole

Partington got a 4 match ban, lucky it wasn't more.

Can somebody point me at the video of the Partington tackle... I have searched via Google but no luck.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Its on here a page or 2 back. 

I've had a look but can't see it.

11 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

its  nothing that no one else isnt not doing.

A quadruple negative. Good work.

Archived