7 Mar: SL: Catalans Dragons v Salford Red Devils KO 5pm (UK Time)

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/20 at 17:00

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On current form Cats should walk this. Salford's pack and general defence have been woeful and Cats have far too much in the backs. If the score line stays respectable and we show some fight then I'll be happy.

45 minutes ago, LR23 said:

If the score line stays respectable and we show some fight then I'll be happy.

If we turn up at all I'll be ecstatic.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I'm expecting another defeat, and probably a heavy one, for last year's Grand Finalists.?

At least I was there.?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Folau seems to have made a difference as well as the other star backs in Tomkins and Maloney playing well. They will have too much strike power for Salford imo. 

Cats to win, by 10 pts. 

Sam Moa due to return soon. Not sure if it will happen on Saturday.

David Mead is also due back soon. I don’t know how the coach will be able to tell Samisoni Langi that he is being replaced, because Langi has been an excellent attacking centre this season. But Langi has flaws in defence which Mead doesn’t have.

Catalans at full strength are a club with quality in depth.

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

idiots will now start winning.

TWP have little to worry about if last week's efforts are any indication. Les Dracs have even less to worry about.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

28 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

TWP to win some, SCR to scrape themselves out of it at the last minute, it's a shame there isn't another Jackson Hastings coming over the Buile Hill top to rescue them again.

Who or what is SCR?

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

Salford City Reds noggin. Do you not follow super League Show on BBC, or do you switch off after Wigan?

No. I don't watch Super League Show on BBC. 

11 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Salford City Reds noggin. Do you not follow super League Show on BBC, or do you switch off after Wigan?

We are no longer called 'Salford City Reds' which was from the Koukash era. It is Salford Red Devils, as we are of course the original Red Devils.

I would like to think our Pack will have a point to prove after lasts weeks showing, and I would also hope we were not quite as rudderless with Brown back in the side.

I seem to remember going into this fixture last year on the back of a poor show, with Cats having just mauled somebody or other and putting on our best performance of the season.

Would settle for a win of any kind this time round, hopefully we turn  up and they don't.

Salford by 2.

On 05/03/2020 at 10:56, Manfred Mann said:

Sam Moa due to return soon. Not sure if it will happen on Saturday.

David Mead is also due back soon. I don’t know how the coach will be able to tell Samisoni Langi that he is being replaced, because Langi has been an excellent attacking centre this season. But Langi has flaws in defence which Mead doesn’t have.

Catalans at full strength are a club with quality in depth.

It’s a long season.  Catalans are not so strong in depth either.  Their mojo right now is from a Sam Tomkins finding form, a hard working pack and Maloney steering the ship.  Take Tomkins away and they will feel the effects.  An injury to a couple of forwards and the same will happen  it’s not a young pack.

Or will Albert step in and rip it up?

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

It’s a long season.  Catalans are not so strong in depth either.  Their mojo right now is from a Sam Tomkins finding form, a hard working pack and Maloney steering the ship.  Take Tomkins away and they will feel the effects.  An injury to a couple of forwards and the same will happen  it’s not a young pack.

Or will Albert step in and rip it up?

Catalans do have depth.

A am Tomkins injury would set back the team's attacking ability. However Israel Folau can also play full back I hear. David Mead is also a very accomplished full back. 

Maloney being injured would make a big difference. Samisoni Lango can play at 6, though he is not anywhere near the same talent as Maloney.

If Maloney was injured then Sam Tomkins or Josh Drinkwater would be the goal kicker.,

The loss  of both Tomkins and Maloney would be the real nightmare for the team.

Archived