6 Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/20 at 19:45

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m predicting a narrow win for Warrington.   As said previously they’ll be trying too hard and make some panicky mistakes.   However I believe even without Darryl Clark they’ll be out to ensure a victory.

If it’s a defeat I think it will spark a poor run of lost confidence.

I’m not sure what the answer is to Warrington’s problems, and I’m not sure that the players, coach or the board know the answer either.

☹️

11 hours ago, SL17 said:

Widdop needs to hit the line, hopefully not behind a broken pack again.

Wire by 10.

Allegedly... been told to not hit the line due to his shoulder recovery.

Allegedly.

But if that rumour is true, then I can only assume Austin has been told the same!   Which also means critics of Patton last year (myself included) should apologise for criticising him for passing anywhere rather than taking the line on!

The bench is shaping up to be named as Mamo, Burrell, Akauola and AN Other (if as expected Walker takes D Clark's place in the starting 13).

I think we need Mamo's utility value, but I'm not sure a pressure game is right for Burrell at this stage.   Hopefully we'll get a longer spell from Akauola.

If I had to bet my chilled bottle of Riggwelter on it (I'm not), I'd say Warrington will start on fire then switch off at 20 mins with the bench introductions, followed by panic and forced passes and a dour second half with no composure.   Possibly enough to win it narrowly, or a dramatic but not unexpected loss at the death.

Or maybe I need to lighten up more? ?   There's more to life than RL right?   Right?

On 04/03/2020 at 17:08, Harry Stottle said:

Wire will be trying to hard and will make mistakes, Widdop really needs to do something to substantiate his very big weekly wage.

Cas to win by 8

How many games have you seen Widdop play for us Harry? 

I would like to think Cas were in the driving seat for this one, it's theirs to lose on Wires recent performances, however, they don't fill me with confidence yet so it will be close.

2 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

If I had to bet my chilled bottle of Riggwelter on it (I'm not), I'd say Warrington will start on fire then switch off at 20 mins with the bench introductions, followed by panic and forced passes and a dour second half with no composure. 

Judging by the Cas bench maybe Daryl Powell thinks the same?

The half back contest in this game will be interesting. 

Richardson and Trueman seem to be a more more natural half back partnership than Widdop and Austin but the latter are more experienced and proven quality.

I am going for the young kids to shine, Cas to win and Trueman man of the match. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

16 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The half back contest in this game will be interesting. 

Richardson and Trueman seem to be a more more natural half back partnership than Widdop and Austin but the latter are more experienced and proven quality.

I am going for the young kids to shine, Cas to win and Trueman man of the match. 

Yes, Castleford look as if they have the makings of a half back partnership that could stand them in good stead for many seasons to come.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived