6 Mar: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Hull FC KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/20 at 19:45

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golden point here we come.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Golden point.

Sneeeeeyd!

26-27.

RADFORD OU... oops.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Thought we were going to defy all odds and win a James Child reffed game.  Better game to watch once he let both sides play.  Do we get a point?

Up the Trin 

Thought golden point rules had changed this season when looking at BBC Sport league table has us on 5 points.  

Up the Trin 

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

One of the wakey conversions completely missed, Hull were poor in the second half but deserved the win

The touch line conversion at the end for us to win it, completely missed so did that attempted tackle in extra time.  Pleased we got back into it after the first half.  With players coming back hopefully we will get better.

Up the Trin 

11 minutes ago, Click said:

I recommend you read this: 

I tend to keep mi gob shut, bottle it all up inside and hope the chest pains and headache passes once I've left the ground. 

Obviously wasn't the Wakefield game as ours was the only one have 1 to 83 minutes.  Guess it was Saints then?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

... and people dont think ref's influence games? First half Hull got everything, second half Trinity did. Both teams won the respective half comfortably. 

And then the ref dropped the golden point goal and Hull won.

Perhaps it's time to have two halves of golden point?

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

RADFORD OU... oops.

Even though we won it has only strengthened my opinion that he needs to go. Another comfortable second half lead thrown away. If Wakefield kick that conversion then it's all over.

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

And then the ref dropped the golden point goal and Hull won.

Perhaps it's time to have two halves of golden point?

The golden point period is an artificial farcical way to decide a game. That's as much about the toss of a coin more than anything else. Granted had Trinity won the toss it wouldn't have been such a sure thing given we dont have anyone in the calibre of Sneyd to drop goals. 

24 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

The golden point period is an artificial farcical way to decide a game. That's as much about the toss of a coin more than anything else. Granted had Trinity won the toss it wouldn't have been such a sure thing given we dont have anyone in the calibre of Sneyd to drop goals. 

I must admit I'm not a big fan of it, when it comes down to a drop goal battle it becomes a lottery. Although tbf, even with a kicker of Sneyd's ability, you still need to go about 60m in the first set to be in reasonable range. So it's not like you didn't have a chance. A strong defensive set and its advantage to you all of a sudden.

I think the new rule of a point for the loser is a good change though. Never seemed fair that you could fight your way to a great draw and end up with nothing.

24 minutes ago, MZH said:

I must admit I'm not a big fan of it, when it comes down to a drop goal battle it becomes a lottery. Although tbf, even with a kicker of Sneyd's ability, you still need to go about 60m in the first set to be in reasonable range. So it's not like you didn't have a chance. A strong defensive set and its advantage to you all of a sudden.

I think the new rule of a point for the loser is a good change though. Never seemed fair that you could fight your way to a great draw and end up with nothing.

I agree with pretty much all of that. The Warrington game sums the first bit up. While not golden point, the last 5 mins or so were a dropathon and due to good defence and pressure on the kicker there were 5 or 6 attempted drop goals before one sailed over. It can be a very exciting period of play. 

I've always thought the losing team should get a point when it goes to golden point, a team should be rewarded for putting in that bit of extra effort. 

Archived