What players we have had.

ArthurDaley

On 04/03/2020 at 19:22, ArthurDaley said:

Sadly no.one is really interested in the past. you would have thought a group like those excellent fundraisers 100% Hornets might support that event, but talking to some one who attends every year, apparently they don't, which is very sad. Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

What is your evidence for saying no one is interested in the past?

You dont have to go to a dinner to be interested intne past.

Is an explyaers association dinner open to non ex players and if so at what cost?

Is it promoted among the clubs supporters by the ex players association?

I dont live locally so do not know.

A very proud club Hornets with a fascinating past.  I have watched Saints play Hornets in two finals both keenly contested.

One major cup win or a Challenge Cup final appearance especially in the seventies or nineties could have really pushed the club onwards.

I do know Alex Murphy was very close to coaching Hornets around the time of the Kevin Harcombe signing.  History is massive and should never be used as a negative or to stop progress in getting a new generation involved.

13 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

What is your evidence for saying no one is interested in the past?

You dont have to go to a dinner to be interested intne past.

Is an explyaers association dinner open to non ex players and if so at what cost?

Is it promoted among the clubs supporters by the ex players association?

I dont live locally so do not know.

The club used to have a heritage page on its website, that seems to have disappeared, sponsors would have a tour of the heritage display at Spotland, that seems to have stopped, Tony Pratt does a superb job with the explayers dinners, but I've never seen any mention on the club website, I hope these matters are redressed by the new board.

Remember those two Saints Finals Larry. George Mann robbed us of one ( or the ref) and playing the other at Saints ground was a step to far although we were the only team that season to stop Saints scoring a try. Great memories. More recent the win over Oldham at Leigh watching men of my generation crying. I would have loved to have been in France for another great win. 

5 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

If no one is interested in the past, as YOU claim, then why would the web site/club bother with any of this. I think you are arguing against yourself here.

My point is the club used to, but no longer does. Ask them for the reason the heritage site has gone.

Larry as far as I know the heritage room is still at Spotland, the club used to show sponsors around, pre match, articles and artifacts were on a special site on the club's website, as I say perhaps the current chief executive could tell us the reasons those activities have ceased, I am presuming and I go back to my original post, that there little interest.

Archived