Coventry

UpTheRaiders

I'd say over a 1000 for the Coventry game would be pretty decent. Whilst the initiative's are really good I cant see it increasing the crowds immediately, hope I'm wrong. Once the weather warms up people might be prepared to get there earlier and spend the full afternoon in the ground, hopefully spending money in the process. 

Barrow 44-16 Coventry att 1016

I think they should of just reduced the adult admission price to £15 and done under 18s £5 an  kids under 12 for a £1 can't knock the club for trying new ideas but people have other commitments etc rather than to goto the rugby for 12.30 to get in free and spend 4 half hours there plus not everyone drinks at the game so the club could lose money at this coventry game

2 hours ago, Raiderfan79 said:

Barrow 44-16 Coventry att 1016

I think they should of just reduced the adult admission price to £15 and done under 18s £5 an  kids under 12 for a £1 can't knock the club for trying new ideas but people have other commitments etc rather than to goto the rugby for 12.30 to get in free and spend 4 half hours there plus not everyone drinks at the game so the club could lose money at this coventry game

I'd have liked to have seen a reduced admission for 18-21 year olds like the football have done. This is the age group we need to target in my opinion they'll put the most money behind the bar particularly in those warm summer months.

50-6 FT we played some nice rugby first half then just went through the motions second half in poor conditions. 1253 decent attendance though with no away fans should hopefully get a bumper crowd vs Workie just have to hope that AFC cant win the league that day away vs Halifax or we will suffer 

Excuse me, there were at least 4 away fans there today. And you would get better crowds at this time of year if you had a roof on the stadium. Had full sympathy for the players and handling errors because I was struggling to update the Bears Twitter feed with frozen fingers ?

37 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

Excuse me, there were at least 4 away fans there today. And you would get better crowds at this time of year if you had a roof on the stadium. Had full sympathy for the players and handling errors because I was struggling to update the Bears Twitter feed with frozen fingers ?

There's cover on three sides! 

That’s a great crowd considering it was Coventry . I’m sure a lower of the admission fee would of done the trick and increased crowds. But can’t fault the BOD for trying new initiatives to boost crowds 

Overall happy with the performance but at times we were guilty of trying to score off each play and not passing to supporting players. It would have been a much higher score if we had looked around with the ball in hand. I am trying to be objective here and not overly critical before people shout!

Archived