Ottawa Aces (Merged Threads)

23 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

One or two articles have said Ottawa Stags but that would be too obvious 

Eric Perez has said in various interviews it's definitely not Stags, or anything stag-related...

what it actually is though I've no idea!

Is it too much to hope for them to play on alternate weekends to the Wolfpack so I can make the trip work.?

Be a nice hol for the UK fans too. Rock on!

38 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Probably one for our Canadian based fans, but how does Ottawa stack up against Toronto?

Which is the better tourist city? How are they different to one and other? Which would you recommend more?

Only had a few days in each but I thought Toronto was amazing and Ottawa rather dull. Montreal was superb too - get a L1 team there ?

27 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Not something generic that a lot of NA ''franchises'' opt for. 

Minor league baseball wants a word ...

Image result for hickory crawdads

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

What I found interesting was the last line in the article in the Ottawa Citizen: Toronto Wolfpack has 52000 Facebook followers, the same number as the RFL. Wonder how much overlap there is.

37 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Think it would be easier to organise that they play in the same home and away blocks.

When they are in the same division teams could go out for a week or so and do two games, easier to organise from a tv point of view as well

The championship?

• John Drake changed the title to Ottawa Aces (Merged Threads)

Archived