Jayme2020

Ottawa Aces (Merged Threads)

7 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Now that Super League & its Clubs has sold you on the key product (the game of RL) and its associated products in its Clubs Shops, and has your attention, they’re going to re-sell that attention to sponsorship Partners (advertisers).

Stupid? 

That's nasty and really not needed but more so, amusing because I've been copying and pasting the business model of a highly successful Sports League for a fair while now. I'd post the link to the full document but some people lack the attention span to read it fully and the ability to comprehend it. 

This is very simple. I am hardly being unfair.

The receipts the game makes directly from fans are enough for part time only. The indirect money, that it gets from having an audience and selling that audience to advertisers and TV are what makes it full time.

It really is pretty simple. You are getting very snide, but I really cannot make it any simpler for me. It is OK if you do not get it, that is fine. But, really, that is not on me.

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

9 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

This is very simple. I am hardly being unfair.

The receipts the game makes directly from fans are enough for part time only. The indirect money, that it gets from having an audience and selling that audience to advertisers and TV are what makes it full time.

It really is pretty simple. You are getting very snide, but I really cannot make it any simpler for me. It is OK if you do not get it, that is fine. But, really, that is not on me.

Stupid? Some would say that's abusive. 'Snide' that's a different matter. If we as adults cannot refrain from online abuse how can we expect children & teens to be safe online? 

As I say, i was merely copying and pasting a highly successful start - up Pro sports league business model, which the billionaire investor-operators believe in. You clearly don't believe in it. That's fine. 

The 'audience' are in fact customers paying to watch wether that be at the ground or on TV. 

PepsiCo customers are not Asda or Tesco, PepsiCo customers are the people buying & eating the bag of Doritos or buying & drinking the can of pop. 

SLE customers are certainly not Sky UK, Sky UK is a business partner, a Supplier if anything (supplying production, on air talent & broadcasting in return for a large share of the profit) SLE customers are the people buying tickets or subscriptions & watching. 

15 hours ago, Jayme2020 said:

What questions?

As in how do feel about pumping millions into a new club that will be stuck in Championship due to SL being a closed shop?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jayme2020 said:

As for reserve league i think its possible

Hamilton (Toronto)

Kingston (Ottawa)

Hartford (NYC)

Team Ontario

A Team Ontario could be made up of very young players say 16-18 but are elite players.

That would only work if it was fully subsidized by TWP, without planning on making much income. Hamilton support for farm teams is barely enough for the most popular sport in the country. Our football team is older and better than TO. In every other sport people either just follow TO because it's close by and the highest level (NBA, NHL, MLS*), or our own teams in Canadian leagues that aren't subservient (CPL, CEBL).

For a relatively unknown sport like RL, I don't think they're be much support at all. Why would people watch farm-team RL in an empty Tim Hortons Field when they can get on the Go train, hop off steps away from a packed Lamport and see the top level?

*highest level available. The other two being the highest level in the world. 

Edited by TheReaper

50 minutes ago, TheReaper said:

That would only work if it was fully subsidized by TWP, without planning on making much income. Hamilton support for farm teams is barely enough for the most popular sport in the country. Our football team is older and better than TO. In every other sport people either just follow TO because it's close by and the highest level (NBA, NHL, MLS*), or our own teams in Canadian leagues that aren't subservient (CPL, CEBL).

For a relatively unknown sport like RL, I don't think they're be much support at all. Why would people watch farm-team RL in an empty Tim Hortons Field when they can get on the Go train, hop off steps away from a packed Lamport and see the top level?

*highest level available. The other two being the highest level in the world. 

A league like like that would not cost much to run in terms of players salary but other costs could be high so yes your right.

Edited by Jayme2020

3 hours ago, Jayme2020 said:

It will be interesting to see if Ottawa takes part in the Challenge Cup next year.

What would happen if two overseas teams were drawn agains each other?

I don't think North American teams should play in the CC, unless they can host games.

23 minutes ago, ojx said:

I don't think North American teams should play in the CC, unless they can host games.

It would probably still be played at Wembley. But the chances of that happening, given Toronto's current form and strength, are minimal. Catalans could make it again, but if they did they would almost certainly be up against a British club.

Toronto vs Catalans, or Ottawa or New York vs Catalans, is way into the future, if ever.

9 hours ago, ojx said:

I do think if Ottawa and NY are in the cup next year there would be games in North America.

Just spotted this: https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/ 

Monday 9th March

2:00pm

Exclusive Announcement

LIVE STREAM: Our League Website & App

Any ideas?

Edited by Futtocks

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Just looking around, it is probably to do with Ottawa, so should be merged into that thread.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

All about the launch of the Ottawa Aces, taking the place Hemel Stags used to hold in League One.

Just waiting for confirmation that all former Hemel seasos will be getting a free trip to Ottawa. I'm sure it'll be any minute now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So Hemel goes out of existence leaving the few fans they have high and dry ? 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

4 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

So Hemel goes out of existence leaving the few fans they have high and dry ? 

I mean.. it isn't like this has come as a shock to them is it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jayme2020 said:

I like the name nice and simple and should not offend anyone.

Nah.Aces? Another house of cards.Wait till Parksider gets his teeth into this lot?

My popcorn is ready...Healthy,veggie type...

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.