8 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

You don't get a break unfortunately, neither do you have a brake to halt the decent, it's headlong into oblivion.

That just made me think of something I read the other day. 

There is a stairway to heaven and a highway to hell. That gives an idea of the anticipated traffic volumes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

That just made me think of something I read the other day. 

There is a stairway to heaven and a highway to hell. That gives an idea of the anticipated traffic volumes. 

Though I'm a non believer that's me Knackered if heaven exsists and there's a load of stair's. My idea of heaven is Timothy Taylor's brewery and I know you don't have to climb any stairs to get in there?

• Haha 1

You know you've passed the tipping point when you take a fall and don't bounce to your feet any more.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I remember the dark days when it used to be 10:30 Monday-Saturday and 10pm on a Sunday.

• Like 2

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

On 05/03/2020 at 08:54, gingerjon said:

I'm now five years older than the youngest I can remember my dad being. And he was always ancient.

I am now three years younger than any of my parents before the heart attacks, stop scaring the old folk on here

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

20 hours ago, Ullman said:

I remember the dark days when it used to be 10:30 Monday-Saturday and 10pm on a Sunday.

There was a pub in Bradford, right on the border with Leeds. So much so that half the pub was in Bradford and half in Leeds. (The phone was in Leeds, so had Leeds number). Last orders at the time in Bradford was 10:30pm  but 11pm in Leeds, and as you have probably guessed, all people used to do was walk over to the Leeds side of the pub to carry on drinking till 11. ??

Edited by Johnoco
  • Like 1

On 06/03/2020 at 22:00, Futtocks said:

You know you've passed the tipping point when you take a fall and don't bounce to your feet any more.

When you sit down on a comfy sofa and make "oof" sounds. Or when getting up, you grunt.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Talking about time, I'm most unhappy that only two people seem to have got my Logan's Run reference on the coronavirus thread today. And not one person made a lewd comment about Jenny Agutter.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 hours ago, ckn said:

Talking about time, I'm most unhappy that only two people seem to have got my Logan's Run reference on the coronavirus thread today. And not one person made a lewd comment about Jenny Agutter.

Never kept her knickers on, even in the Railway Children

• Haha 1

I went from 39 to 60 without any years in between.

On my 40th someone just hit the fast forward button.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Time is relative, the more you have of it, the more you waste.

I feel older now I've said that.

This pandemic has made time slow right down.

These last 2 days of self isolating have the been the longest 2 weeks I have endured

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

On 16/03/2020 at 21:48, Shadow said:

Never kept her knickers on, even in the Railway Children

So far, she's managed it in Call The Midwife. I persevere with it, on the off chance. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

So far, she's managed it in Call The Midwife. I persevere with it, on the off chance. 

Just be patient :kolobok_biggrin:

Damn that's going to kill my electric PAYG. I left one of my cookeringy rings on overnight, 15 hours on a low ish heat.

Bug ger