Cheap GB gear

31 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I thought the bring back GB brigade said any GB merchandise would sell like hot cakes, obviously not.

I mean, they seemed to be a hit when they first announced?

Every sports kit gets put on sale eventually, it isn't a barometer of success necessarily.

It was the worst GB tour in history with a 100% loss rate, most of the gear is horrible to look at and we are unlikely to see GB revived in the next 10 years if ever. I'm amazed they're even trying to sell this stuff.

Anyone know that the sizing of the kit is like?

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

It was the worst GB tour in history with a 100% loss rate, most of the gear is horrible to look at and we are unlikely to see GB revived in the next 10 years if ever. I'm amazed they're even trying to sell this stuff.

Jeez, you sound a barrel of laughs

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

At least you can say you were a part of rugby league history.

2 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

Very generous to be honest. I’m usually a large but bought a medium and it isn’t the least bit tight to the extent that I’d probably recommend buying the size below you might do ordinarily. 

4 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

This post sums of up the typical RL fan. Cheer up man!

2 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

Jeez, you sound a barrel of laughs

That's not for me to say as I'm obviously going to be biased as to my sense of humour.

However, I am a huge fan of international RL and have travelled to the last 2 RLWCs plus 2 of the last 3 four nations in Australia and NZ so have seen a fair few of our outfits in a "foreign field" both as England and GB. Oh, and I went to Denver as well. I bought my tickets for all 3 Ashes tests the week they came out and come the game will be screaming (in my head) kill the Aussie ********.

Based on my personal extensive experience the last selection of kit and team performance was absolutely appalling.

I'd be very interested to know exactly how you think I am wrong in my views of the 2019 GB tour & kit, always happy to learn.

4 minutes ago, Click said:

This post sums of up the typical RL fan. Cheer up man!

I'm an optimist dude, see my last post, we'll win the Ashes guaranteed as soon as I buy the new shirt, which will be before the1st test.

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

I'm an optimist dude, see my last post, we'll win the Aussies guaranteed as soon as I buy the new shirt.

I understand your views - and no one is going to say anything in regards to the tour, it was awful and the team played awful.

I actually quite liked the kit and the various other apparel that came with it, I bought the playing kit, anthem jacket and the polo. 

Your post just sounded less disappointed and more end of the world.

2 minutes ago, Click said:

I understand your views - and no one is going to say anything in regards to the tour, it was awful and the team played awful.

I actually quite liked the kit and the various other apparel that came with it, I bought the playing kit, anthem jacket and the polo. 

Your post just sounded less disappointed and more end of the world.

Was not meant to be, just being realistic, for me the style was way too retro for 2019. Strikes me as primarily appealing to the nostalgics and what's the use in that if we are building a game for the future.

Hopefully the 2020 and 2021England kits will develop and build the start of an iconic England brand instead of the endless chopping and changing. As others have suggested, I am a fan of adopting the timeless GB RL lion badge for England.

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

Was not meant to be, just being realistic, for me the style was way too retro for 2019. Strikes me as primarily appealing to the nostalgics and what's the use in that if we are building a game for the future.

Hopefully the 2020 and 2021England kits will develop and build the start of an iconic England brand instead of the endless chopping and changing. As others have suggested, I am a fan of adopting the timeless GB RL lion badge for England.

I mean that's fine and all - But I am 28, so I was in my early teens when GB last played, it isn't really nostalgia terrorty for myself. It did take the influence from the jersey in the past, but I quite liked the updated shirts, and as you mention about the badge, for me - anything with the badge on tends to look great.

55 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Very generous to be honest. I’m usually a large but bought a medium and it isn’t the least bit tight to the extent that I’d probably recommend buying the size below you might do ordinarily. 

Cheers LM , bought a polo shirt.

17 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Plus it doesn't help not knowing if and when GB will play again. One of the reasons people buy stuff is to wear to the match/on match day.

Yep, mine was used for that purpose and is now in the possession of one of my grandsons.

I don't know whether or not I will see some of the GB shirts today, going for a meet up with a lot of the fans who went on the tour. 

9 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Chopping and changing will never stop as long as there is a profit in bringing out new kits for every occasion whether that is either clubs every season and internationals.

53 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, mine was used for that purpose and is now in the possession of one of my grandsons.

I don't know whether or not I will see some of the GB shirts today, going for a meet up with a lot of the fans who went on the tour. 

Group therapy?

16 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Theres a certain gallows humour in knowing you have the kit GB got comprehensively beaten by PNG in (wasn't a close game at all really by the end) and where Bennett played Halves on the Wings despite having wingers in the squad. 

I understand its not a kit to remember. The GB British Coal one for me is the iconic Lions shirt of my childhood. 

I hope they leave the Lions until if ever, there is a time where there are at least 4 top quality Celtic players so it can actually be seen as a GB team and not a English team only. 

Agree with you I hope the England brand gets built up now. Wane might shock us all and pull off a series win! 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah of course Tommy, post trumatic syndrome of the Bennett strain, it's very hard to get rid of one keeps waking up in the middle of the night shouting "What the hell was that" or words to that effect.

It will be an Aussie free doo no doubt.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah of course Tommy, post trumatic syndrome of the Bennett strain, it's very hard to get rid of one keeps waking up in the middle of the night shouting "What the hell was that" or words to that effect.

Totally understand, I think there needs to be one for those of us that got up at 4.30am 4 weeks on the bounce.

Archived