just watched this weeks RUGBY AM and have to say it was a great show and sees to have improved quite a lot on the last series

its repeated 9pm tomorrow.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

I keep forgetting it is on. Since that channel became primarily an Ice Hockey broadcaster (or that's how it seems every time I check the EPG to see what's on), I don't think to see what's on as often as when they had RL.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I keep forgetting it is on. Since that channel became primarily an Ice Hockey broadcaster (or that's how it seems every time I check the EPG to see what's on), I don't think to see what's on as often as when they had RL.

I’d love to know their viewing figures for Swedish Ice Hockey. 

Ice Hockey isn't a sport I "get", but there are plenty of UK fans, and the channel must be amazing for them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’d love to know their viewing figures for Swedish Ice Hockey. 

57 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Or the Bull Riding. Hopefully the RL programming does better or it'll be slightly embarrassing (if anyone actually cared about these things.)

https://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/four-screen-dashboard/

For the week commencing Feb 17th, the most watched show was the Elite Ice Hockey which got 32,900 viewers. The Bull Riding was the 2nd most watched show with 17,800 viewers. The 15th most watched show (Boxing) only got 6,800 viewers, but that week Rugby AM wasn't anywhere on the list. For the first 3 weeks, Rugby AM did make the top 15, ranging between 9,900 in week one and 15,600 in week 3. 

17 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've tried watching ice hockey and I want to like it but quite honestly the reason I don't is simply cos I can't follow the puck most of the time. Maybe it's different in person. 

I watched the pro bull riding once though and liked that! Of course I do also own a stetson so you know, maybe in my blood! ?

I went to watch the old Manchester Storm a couple of times when they played at the Manchester Arena. It was very well presented and made for a good night out. They were getting big crowds at the time - something like 10000 or so. I must admit, I found it difficult to follow with the speed of the game and what seemed to be the near constant interchange of players. 

51 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've tried watching ice hockey and I want to like it but quite honestly the reason I don't is simply cos I can't follow the puck most of the time. Maybe it's different in person. 

I watched the pro bull riding once though and liked that! Of course I do also own a stetson so you know, maybe in my blood! ?

I’ve the same reason. My vision is good so there’s no issue there, but following the puck I find impossible. I’m also convinced that when a goal is scored, unless it’s a really obvious shot where you can see that black thing hit the net then the only reason people cheer is because the frame of the goal lights up to inform people of the score.

Theres a great joke about ice hockey from Rodney Dangerfield:

"I went to the fights last night, and a hockey game broke out."

He has some other crackers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Dangerfield#Career_surge

”"Last week my house was on fire. My wife told the kids, 'Be quiet, you’ll wake up Daddy”

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I go down and watch the Steelers a few times a year, you learn to work out where its going from the shape and movements of the players.  Great sport, probably next after rugby for me.

9 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Great show, needs to get rid of Alex Simmons though. He's like an excited child when he interviews people. So embarrassing seeing a grown man nearly explode over meeting a "famous" person. So cringey, good show though

It is Alex Simmons show and he has a great love of our game

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

It is Alex Simmons show and he has a great love of our game

Having a great love of the game doesn't mean you should be presenting a tv show. Or clowning around insufferably shouting down a microphone on the field at half time at one of our leading clubs.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Having a great love of the game doesn't mean you should be presenting a tv show. Or clowning around insufferably shouting down a microphone on the field at half time at one of our leading clubs.

Which once again shows it's not a case of what you know but who you know.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

12 hours ago, M j M said:

I like the show but I always record it and fast forward that bit.

His heart's in the right place but...

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 06/03/2020 at 13:14, M j M said:

He's the one who put up his own money to start the show.

There is nothing stopping you or anyone else having a Rugby League program if you are prepared to put up your own money to get it started.

24 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

He's the one who put up his own money to start the show.

There is nothing stopping you or anyone else having a Rugby League program if you are prepared to put up your own money to get it started.

He can do whatever he wants. Doesn't mean I have to watch it but I worry that other people, outside our sport, do.
I object a lot more to him clowning about at Headingley where he is manifestly not up to the task.

Archived