Rules explanation?

BusyFists

As an ignorant North American, I need someone to explain the logic of some of these rules.

Miloudi, on 4th tackle, kicks the ball towards the try line, it bounces off a Leeds player and goes out of bounds. Leeds gets the ball...why?

Shortly thereafter, Leeds on 5th tackle kicks the ball through the try zone and Leeds gets the ball back with a try line kick and a new set of tackles...why?

These two rulings don't make sense to me.

Help!

27 minutes ago, BusyFists said:

As an ignorant North American, I need someone to explain the logic of some of these rules.

Miloudi, on 4th tackle, kicks the ball towards the try line, it bounces off a Leeds player and goes out of bounds. 

Leeds player was considered not playing the ball by the ref. In this case, its Leeds ball. The rule makes sense but here the Leeds player attempt to catch the ball in his hands, but touches it by accident with his knee instead and put it out. Its 50-50 call  maybe but to me its playing at because he was aware of the ball, so should have been Wolfpack ball.

33 minutes ago, BusyFists said:

Shortly thereafter, Leeds on 5th tackle kicks the ball through the try zone and Leeds gets the ball back with a try line kick and a new set of tackles...why?

I think Gigot last touches the ball before it gets over the line. By rule its goal line drop out, so Toronto get the ball but have to drop kick it out of their try line. They can recover the ball if it travels 10 meters but of course so close to the line it would be dangerous, usually team kicks the ball as far as possible and give the ball back to the other team.

41 minutes ago, manu266 said:

Leeds player was considered not playing the ball by the ref. In this case, its Leeds ball. The rule makes sense but here the Leeds player attempt to catch the ball in his hands, but touches it by accident with his knee instead and put it out. Its 50-50 call  maybe but to me its playing at because he was aware of the ball, so should have been Wolfpack ball.

I think Gigot last touches the ball before it gets over the line. By rule its goal line drop out, so Toronto get the ball but have to drop kick it out of their try line. They can recover the ball if it travels 10 meters but of course so close to the line it would be dangerous, usually team kicks the ball as far as possible and give the ball back to the other team.

yes the leeds player played for the ball with his hands but missed ball hits his knee but because he didn't actually play for the ball with his knee deemed accidental leeds get ball fight decision

29 minutes ago, BusyFists said:

Thanks.  Sort of makes sense.

When exactly is someone tackled?

more times than not  it's when the attacking players forward momentum is stopped but it can be down  to the refs interpretation  to when he say's held  and tackle made  some times though  he can bring a player back to play the ball if he thinks tackle has been made and the players moved forward

Archived