Great wins

Excolt 1

Had a great day at the Hornets yesterday, massive effort from the lads against a tough no nonsense Keighley outfit and in awful conditions. A little wobble just before half time . but team spirit, punishing defence and great skills on show from every player all through the match. ??? 

It was a very good win, dominated the whole game and in every department, tackling, ball carrying and game management was far better, defensively i think that's the best i have seen since before last season. They were never out of their half for the first 20 minutes and when keathley could not match us they resorted to ruffing the game up. There was some things we could improve on we did do a lot of unforced errors and the way we panicked in the last 10 minutes of the first half which allowed them to score needs to be addressed. 

I thought the ref didn't have a good game, so many high tackles and slow plays of the ball and nothing given, there was a yellow card in the first half but nothing in the second, so inconsistent.

Early days, but I was impressed by Hornets’ enthusiasm, efforts and skills, particularly given the conditions in certain areas of the pitch - the defensive commitment was particularly impressive along with place kicking (again).  Hopefully, the injuries are not mounting and we can take a good squad to the York game - which could be interesting given their current form!

Keighley replay on OurLeague - you may have to register to view, but it’s easy to do - remember to choose Hornets as your club as we get kudos and extra funding from the RFL.

https://d2c89w6funxjdz.cloudfront.net/_mediaimages/800/74292.jpg

Archived