Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Hunslet Friday 13th March 2020

marklaspalmas

The 21 man squad will be out tomorrow for this one, so I thought I'd get a thread going.

The website seems to think it's February....
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/ticket-info-hunslet-h-krdwv

Obviously, no DR for this one, as it's the Cup and presumably no 4-Try Worthington either.

So, if Sutcliffe x 2, Holroyd and Greg are not available, hopefully we'll welcome back Locky & Parata, plus say French and Sweeting we'll be good to go.

Something like this?

Hall
Blackmore Carey French Gale
Jouffret Chisholm
Susino Bussey Harrison
Ferres Harcastle Lockwood
Bench: Parata, Albert, Cooper, Sweeting

21 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

The 21 man squad will be out tomorrow for this one, so I thought I'd get a thread going.

The website seems to think it's February....
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/ticket-info-hunslet-h-krdwv

Obviously, no DR for this one, as it's the Cup and presumably no 4-Try Worthington either.

So, if Sutcliffe x 2, Holroyd and Greg are not available, hopefully we'll welcome back Locky & Parata, plus say French and Sweeting we'll be good to go.

Something like this?

Hall
Blackmore Carey French Gale
Jouffret Chisholm
Susino Bussey Harrison
Ferres Harcastle Lockwood
Bench: Parata, Albert, Cooper, Sweeting

don't forget beckett who didn't play for oldham last time cup tied like worthington

31 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Aye, I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy back, but as they didn't find a place for him v Barrow I wonder if he'll get a run on Friday

unlike worthington who we let go jimmy hadn't been there for a month he has now so think we can recall him

Just now, POR said:

unlike worthington who we let go jimmy hadn't been there for a month he has now so think we can recall him

I don't know the ins and outs. I guess Jimmy wants game time, which he may have been told he's unlikely to get here, other than this Cup run.

I wonder what will happen to the availability of DR and loans when we start the 1895 CUp.

13 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I don't know the ins and outs. I guess Jimmy wants game time, which he may have been told he's unlikely to get here, other than this Cup run.

I wonder what will happen to the availability of DR and loans when we start the 1895 CUp.

Looking at last years only outing at Widnes I think we had 4 DR/loans in the 17, so unless the rules have changed I can't see there being a problem.

2 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Looking at last years only outing at Widnes I think we had 4 DR/loans in the 17, so unless the rules have changed I can't see there being a problem.

Righto. Im not sure how the club and coaching staff view this comp, but I'd like to see us give it a really good go.

D

8 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I would prioritise the 1895 over the Challenge Cup. A trip to Wembley is a trip to Wembley and would be a great day out.

D/R & loan players will be more likely to be allowed to play in the 1895 cup by the Rhinos & Toronto because they're not in that competition, so they won't be cup tied.

3 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

D

D/R & loan players will be more likely to be allowed to play in the 1895 cup by the Rhinos & Toronto because they're not in that competition, so they won't be cup tied.

It's bad enough now with all the flak we get for our DR partnership for the league games, can you imagine the fuss if we got to the 1895 Wembley final with 5 loans/DR in the team!

56 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

It's bad enough now with all the flak we get for our DR partnership for the league games, can you imagine the fuss if we got to the 1895 Wembley final with 5 loans/DR in the team!

who cares let them all read it and weep

Refresh my memory which is not what it was. Why are we playing this on a Friday night? We don't have another game until York on the 22nd so why aren't we playing this on the 15th? I bet there is a simple answer that I have forgot.

Squad announced
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/webster-names-squad-for-cup-clash-Q7x6u

A welcome potential return for John Davies. Jimmy Beckett recalled as had been suggested earlier, makes a lot of sense, bet he will be thrilled to be getting on the field for us. Sounds from the write-up as if Parata might be available as well.

12 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Refresh my memory which is not what it was. Why are we playing this on a Friday night? We don't have another game until York on the 22nd so why aren't we playing this on the 15th? I bet there is a simple answer that I have forgot.

The club stated that other events were booked over the weekend.
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/date-announced-for-hunslet-cup-clash-j2RRP

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Squad announced
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/webster-names-squad-for-cup-clash-Q7x6u

A welcome potential return for John Davies. Jimmy Beckett recalled as had been suggested earlier, makes a lot of sense, bet he will be thrilled to be getting on the field for us. Sounds from the write-up as if Parata might be available as well.

Thanks for refreshing my memory. Another 

Archived