Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Hunslet Friday 13th March 2020

marklaspalmas

14 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Probably too late now with both cubs having made arrangements i should imagine. 

what arrangements no hospitality  on friday and FEV in charge of hunslets travel

One interesting inclusion. Greg Worthington is in the squad whereas he wasn't in the previous cup tie against Barrow. It's been well documented that Toronto are looking to offload some of their existing players to free up space on their salary cap (Gary Wheeler released this week), I wonder if this means that Worthington is no longer in their plans at all?

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bussey is actually in the picture on the website story, just not in the list, so maybe he's the 21st player. That said he has played huge minutes lately so probably due a rest.

never mind bussey wheres gale he should be a shoe in for extra 2nd row 

24 minutes ago, POR said:

never mind bussey wheres gale he should be a shoe in for extra 2nd row 

He's new to Championship RL and has played as a centre and wing so far, no point getting the lad's head in a spin by asking him to play a different position at this stage, especially now we have Davies and Beckett back in those positions.

Why he isn't in the squad is another matter, maybe he's injured.

30 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

One interesting inclusion. Greg Worthington is in the squad whereas he wasn't in the previous cup tie against Barrow. It's been well documented that Toronto are looking to offload some of their existing players to free up space on their salary cap (Gary Wheeler released this week), I wonder if this means that Worthington is no longer in their plans at all?

This was the one that surprised me as well, though just because he is in the squad doesn't mean he'll play on Friday.

Is Render injured as well at the moment, I have not seen mention of him for a while.

Also though Bussey is in the squad I'd have no objection to him getting a rest this week, so I'd be tempted to go something like:

Hall

Blackmore Worthington Hardcastle Carey

Jouffret Chisholm

Susino Parata Cooper

Davies Ferres Lockwood

bench of

Albert Beckett Sweeting, Harrison

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

9 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

This was the one that surprised me as well, though just because he is in the squad doesn't mean he'll play on Friday.

Is Render injured as well at the moment, I have not seen mention of him for a while.

Also though Bussey is in the squad I'd have no objection to him getting a rest this week, so I'd be tempted to go something like:

Hall

Jouffret Chisholm

Susino Parata Cooper

Davies Ferres Lockwood

bench of

Yes good squad. I had difficulty getting my computer showing me the photos of the team but finally got it. It looks very likely that Gale is out, but very interesting if Worthington is on the team sheet. Be great if we were signing him permanently.

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Hall

Jouffret Chisholm

Susino Parata Cooper

Davies Ferres Lockwood

bench of

Renders mother put on fev FB page hes torn a muscle and waiting for an op - he is out for a while

14 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Renders mother put on fev FB page hes torn a muscle and waiting for an op - he is out for a while

Thanks for the info, but sad to hear

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

16 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He's new to Championship RL and has played as a centre and wing so far, no point getting the lad's head in a spin by asking him to play a different position at this stage, especially now we have Davies and Beckett back in those positions.

Why he isn't in the squad is another matter, maybe he's injured.

True but he's no dewy eyed academy player  he's been round the block and had rep honours  don't forget he's head and shoulders bigger than josh who's asked to play there  

don't think it would trouble him one bit

6 hours ago, POR said:

True but he's no dewy eyed academy player  he's been round the block and had rep honours  don't forget he's head and shoulders bigger than josh who's asked to play there  

don't think it would trouble him one bit

Am not saying he couldn't go well as a back rower, I just think that having established himself as the starter on the wing it would have been wrong, assuming he hadn't got the injury, to have moved him to a position that he probably hasn't been training for, and wouldn't be guaranteed to keep his spot (versus Ferres, Davies, Bussey, Harrison etc ) and risk someone else taking his spot on the wing in the mean time.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Am not saying he couldn't go well as a back rower, I just think that having established himself as the starter on the wing it would have been wrong, assuming he hadn't got the injury, to have moved him to a position that he probably hasn't been training for, and wouldn't be guaranteed to keep his spot (versus Ferres, Davies, Bussey, Harrison etc ) and risk someone else taking his spot on the wing in the mean time.

The funny thing is web site says josh position centre  gareth position second row/wing? ? ?

Archived