15 Mar: SL: Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 3.30pm

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/03/20 at 15:30

6 minutes ago, snapski said:

I think you get a drop off year to year after being successful. Leeds don't forget used to still win from 5th. You only have to make sure you're in the shake up at the end. 

If there is an end, of course.

I forgot the real world for a couple of hours!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beaten by a far superior team on the day. Cas are ticking away nicely so early on in the season and are an enjoyable watch. 

I suspected we’d get a drop off, jointly through the change of coach and because of how successful we’ve been the last two years, but we’re getting bullied and beaten convincingly in the pack and we’re creating very little as a result of this.  

I’m not overly enamoured by Kristian Woolf. For someone who wasn’t changing a lot, there’s a distinct difference in how we attack and defend. 

We have now lost 4 games in 2020. 3 in Super League. For context, we only lost 4 through the whole of last season.

Whilst it isn't time to panic, there is significant cause for concern. To start with our attack, we have failed to score a try in four halves of rugby this year and only avoided making that five by a matter of seconds today. The way we attack has also changed. Today saw our first try scored by a winger this season and our top try scorers are the starting prop forwards. Our attack seems ponderous and ineffective.

Our discipline is significantly worse. Whilst I don't have the stats, we seem to be getting correctly pinged more and more for offside and interference due to an increased emphasis on wrestling. However, prior to today at least, our defence was probably doing a little better than last year and we conceded less points.

This year we have beaten Salford at home, Toronto at Warrington and Hull away. None of those three teams have been particularly good this year. On the four occasions we have come up against teams made of sterner stuff, we have lost, and been comfortably bettered on two occasions.

In the unlikely event of playing Leeds on Friday, I am very concerned about us coming up against a defence that has conceded just 60 points all season. I anticipate a few at Saints, from an on-field point of view, wouldn't be too concerned at a league suspension now!

8 minutes ago, Barca Mum said:

Had previous appointment so just caught up with game.Not a good display by Saints but even worse by Liam Moore. Slow motion showed Danny Richardson not hit on head by LMS was he milking it 'cos Kammy was in studio used to footballers 

i presume your appointment was at specsavers and you're picking up your prescription in the week?  

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Best cas perfomance since 2017 - lovely to watch

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

26 minutes ago, Barca Mum said:

Had previous appointment so just caught up with game.Not a good display by Saints but even worse by Liam Moore. Slow motion showed Danny Richardson not hit on head by LMS was he milking it 'cos Kammy was in studio used to footballers 

Christ

Cas nailed that in the first half. Beat Saints in every department. 

First yellow for Saints was harsh, second was lucky, could and probably should have been red.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Saints deservedly well beat but I don't think either sin bins were correct. Both Cas players stayed down to make it look worse than it was and yet were absolutely fine to carry on, Lees was also clearly off the shoulder and into the head whereas Makinson caught a high shot flush in the head from Milner yet got straight up. I think the reaction of the injured?? players influenced the refs decision. 

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

A fair amount of red-faced social media nitwits pounding their tiny fists on the table because RL is on their screens. If this doesn't cheer you up, you're... probably a RL fan. Or Wiggy Jones, and it isn't easy to tell the difference any more.

There is no ban on sporting events (yet), but certain levels of certain sports have suspended their seasons voluntarily. But people like this can't understand long words like "voluntarily", and anyway would far rather rage impotently.

The sane among us just enjoyed a fine performance by Castleford. And I will be catching up on the BBC's Cup tie in a few minutes.

The angriest I have seen have been some of the French and Canadian fans, taking another chance to kick the British game. 

34 minutes ago, hullste said:

Saints deservedly well beat but I don't think either sin bins were correct. Both Cas players stayed down to make it look worse than it was and yet were absolutely fine to carry on, Lees was also clearly off the shoulder and into the head whereas Makinson caught a high shot flush in the head from Milner yet got straight up. I think the reaction of the injured?? players influenced the refs decision. 

It's a point of view, of course. I disagree, though. Thought both Yellows were deserved. Shame Cas didn't capitalise. 

A good game, very impressed by Cas penetration from the fast PTB. Saints clearly still a top team and will challenge for silverware. 

1 hour ago, hullste said:

I thought the same tbh.

But I was happy with the result.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, snapski said:

Sorry forgot to mention you’re  worse team we’ve played as well ??

No... we only gave away 2 tries compared to how many Saints gave away. I'll settle for that .

The disaster really on a personal level is that as this deadly swathe sweeps us by, then the very last game of league I might ever see, before the reaper gets me, was Salford beating Wigan. ?

2 hours ago, Barca Mum said:

No. 

3 hours ago, Barca Mum said:

After the word “Saints” in your post it is just made up nonsense

6 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

They're playing a blinder with the pre match so far, recognisable face in Chris Kamara that will catch attention of any football fans at a loss what to watch and a decent highlights package of big hits and great tries to showcase the game. Really smart thinking when you have the live sports market monopolized for the day.

The bit with the tries where it showed Atkins brain fart was superb, a genuine laugh out loud moment!

I enjoyed the game, Cas were great, Saints, a shadow of the side that swept all before them last year. But as they said on the broadcast it's a one off almost what they did last year, and with a new coach and new ideas etc it's bound to change.

But I thought Cas, like us the week before, really got into them and forced errors and made them have to think and work hard, Saints couldn't handle that 2 weeks in a row it appears.

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

Again I thought mcshane was MOM but he doesn’t get it !

4 hours ago, snapski said:

McShane has been as good a 9 as anyone over the last few seasons. Consistent, grafter and top quality. 

Seems to be a thing with 9s not getting recognition, Adam O'Brien has been good in every game for us yet apparently only has 1 MOS point, McShane was absolute quality today and didn't get motm

Archived