13 Mar: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/03/20 at 19:45

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/03/2020 at 18:50, LR23 said:

Got Salford win written all over this. Mark my words. See my pessimism last week to know I’m no blinkered fan either.

30+ years of watching Salford and they are as predictable as ever!

Brilliant game, hope clarkies  now eaten his words before game when he said,"wigan will win but salford  may make it hard", they dug deep after the forward pass that wernt and really grafted for each other and the coach.well done salford.

54 minutes ago, meast said:

Quite rightly too!

Probably 5 years too late

Maybe a year late. His defensive positioning and playmaking needed a bit of work but both really sharpened up last year. He’s added a few assists already this year.

I have to give a massive pat on the back for James Child who I though was superb.

I've often thought he was a bit too fussy in the past but the last few years he's become very good, he's a lot more confident in his decision making, apart from one possibly Salford forward pass i thought looked ok,  he was excellent.

Obviously a lot of Wigan and probably Wakefield fans won't agree but tough.

16 minutes ago, meast said:

I have to give a massive pat on the back for James Child who I though was superb.

I've often thought he was a bit too fussy in the past but the last few years he's become very good, he's a lot more confident in his decision making, apart from one possibly Salford forward pass i thought looked ok,  he was excellent.

Childs big mistake was the obvious forward pass that obviously wasn't.

Funnily enough I said before the game that I think sometimes he gets things mistaken because he gets himself in slightly the wrong position, that one seemed the case as I think he was turning as he viewed it.

Did it make a difference in the game, probably very little, the players made probably 50 times more mistakes.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

39 minutes ago, meast said:

An assumption that says far less about Wigan and Wakefield fans than you, it could be argued.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 11/03/2020 at 13:20, Exiled Wiganer said:

I am yet to see Salford, so can’t comment on them (save to say I hope they get a good crowd, as they deserve to grow as a club), but Wigan look very dangerous to me. If the big lads like Bullock and Burgess dent the line and give Smith and Hastings room, then our back 5 will cause a lot of havoc. 

George Burgess got to be the worst buy in super league, vastly overrated.

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Anyone else getting irritated by all this arms flailing round in the air, appealing every little thing to the ref rubbish that has crept into RL of late?

Biggest culprit is Marshall we call him the scarecrow round our way always got his arms outstretched.

3 hours ago, Padge said:

Funnily enough I said before the game that I think sometimes he gets things mistaken because he gets himself in slightly the wrong position, that one seemed the case as I think he was turning as he viewed it.

Did it make a difference in the game, probably very little, the players made probably 50 times more mistakes.

I thought Childs was good. As a neutral it was good to see him make confident decisions and it made the game better. Now, I know you don't like dissent so let me suffix that with the observation that if I was a Wigan fan I would think the 50/50s went against my team. Only a few and I think they were genuine 50/50s (sometimes not refs calls but bounce of the ball). 

Ultimately, it was an entertaining game and Wigan have more to look forward to than Salford. Bevan French looks exciting. The interview with Jackson Hastings and Watson at the end was a nice touch as well. Best TV experience of the season so far.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

An assumption that says far less about Wigan and Wakefield fans than you, it could be argued.

If you spent any time on the game threads when hes ref'd them then it probably isn't a huge leap

7 hours ago, meast said:

Some lemon on Twitter was slagging him off at half time so I politely pointed out that he’d actually given us more than he’d given Wigan. He then tweeted me every time Child got a decision ‘wrong’. I was too busy enjoying the same.

I can’t understand how anyone can be so focused on a referee when watching a game like that?! 

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

George Burgess got to be the worst buy in super league, vastly overrated.

I was thinking he is the worst prop on the pitch, then I changed that to tbe worst forward on the pitch, and finally settling at the worst performer on the pitch, he looks cumbersome and ineffective with ball in hand, and if anybody is outside of his outstretched arms when defending he is left flat footed. 15 England caps and still only 27, time is on his side but he had better get a move on or with all the young forwards coming through at Wigan he is going to be left behind.

4 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I thought Childs was good. As a neutral it was good to see him make confident decisions and it made the game better. Now, I know you don't like dissent so let me suffix that with the observation that if I was a Wigan fan I would think the 50/50s went against my team. Only a few and I think they were genuine 50/50s (sometimes not refs calls but bounce of the ball). 

Ultimately, it was an entertaining game and Wigan have more to look forward to than Salford. Bevan French looks exciting. The interview with Jackson Hastings and Watson at the end was a nice touch as well. Best TV experience of the season so far.

The thing with 50/50s is that they often go to the better coached team, better coached in slight of hand. All teams play at conning the ref, the 'top' teams are better at it and disguising it.

I once remember Graham Lowe, I think it was him, being asked what do you concentrate on with the players the day before a game. Answer 'the referee'.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 hours ago, Padge said:

Referees will make mistakes just as anyone does, he also has a touch judge to help him out, there were a couple that looked forward in real time but then looked OK on replay, referee's don't have replays unfortunately.

It didn't make any difference to the game,  Wigan's half heartedness in the second half cost them that game, not a refereeing decision.

Archived