12 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/20 at 19:45

1 hour ago, MZH said:

In Pearsons defence, he has been loyal to Radford in the past when lots of others wouldn't have been, this has obviously been a long time coming. 

I don't like the way it was handled though. Should have had a good chat first and let the players know and then announced it tomorrow.

TBH I don't think there was much point letting Radford go through the charade of the post match interview in the circumstances.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Pearson has been loyal to Radford way beyond the point at which most chairmen would have given him the boot. He was clearly genuinely upset. 

16 minutes ago, Ullman said:

TBH I don't think there was much point letting Radford go through the charade of the post match interview in the circumstances.

As usual, I reckon you're spot on with your summing up mate.

Pearson has had plenty of flack on here for the interview he held after the game but It's hardly like Radford will have found out when he got home and watched the rerun on Sky.

I hadn't seen the interview so went with people's views on here, which weren't very complimentary, but as you say, having now seen it he was obviously upset and I think he has given Radford far more time than just about any other SL Chairman would have given a coach in similar circumstances.

And the abuse that the "Radders is the Dadders" lot are giving out, to people who wanted a change, on social media is frankly embarrassing.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

For those criticising Adam Pearson, this is the Dull Daily Wail's Hull FC writer's opinion, and although I rarely read his stuff, I think he's bang on :

22:27

Has this been coming? Well, if the news that Lee Radford has been sacked didn’t catch everyone by surprise, certainly the manner of it did.

The news coming on live TV from owner Adam Person has been a talking point as much as Radford going for many outside the city .

There have been complaints Pearson sacked Radford on live TV, he didn’t.

The owner stopped Radford in the Raich Carter suite, the two had a discussion and Radford somewhat reluctantly agreed it was time to go.

Pearson then went to see Andy Last to inform him he would be taking over in the short term, then Pearson went out and spoke to Sky Sports.

Person is a passionate man, he responds in the moment and often regrets it later. I’m not sure he’ll wake up and regret this decision in the morning because he genuinely feels a change is needed, but that doesn’t mean the decision will rest easy.

Radford and Pearson have worked closely for seven years now, there was a respect and friendship there, and it won’t have been an easy decision to make.

As for Radford, he’s equally as passionate and he had given everything he had for FC. He also knew full well that his position was far from safe.

The home form has not been good enough for three seasons now and that is what has cost Radford his job, make no mistake about it.

Fans walking out after 60 minutes is not something Pearson will tolerate and the fact so much has been made for the past four months now about addressing the home form shows how big an issue it has been. It’s an issue which has not been addressed and continued to be a thorn in the side of Radford.

It’s a sad end for a coach who delivered two Wembley wins and where FC go next is a difficult one. Andy Last faces the tough test of picking the players up from this.

The search now begins for Radford’s replacement and whoever come sin has a very good squad to work with, when they’re fit.

FC won’t be short of suitors, but the decision has to be right because if not, it could set the club back significantly.

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Well, he's gone, and many HFC fans have got what they wanted. The question is, what now? And could it actually get worse?

Could it? It already has been.

2 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Certainly ironic that theyve got agar in the studio tonight.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, MZH said:

That's who I want. I dont know if its realistic or not, but he has links to the club. I know he visited when they were over here for the WCC, so hopefully Pearson had a little chat with him.

2 or 3 years to set us on the right path before heading off to the NRL ala Holbrook would do me.

And he just said on a podcast this week how much he LOVED his time at Hull. Go for it.

7 hours ago, Ullman said:

Yes he did look. Very upset and as I said elsewhere ,maybe he's thinking he should have counted to ten and spoke in the morning 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

'Kin Hell he would be worse than the other suggestion of Cunningham!

Agreed ?

But let's allow the madness to continue eh. ?

23 minutes ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

Lee Radford, despite what some people think of him, deserved at least “Come and see me tomorrow morning and we will discuss the situation.” This would have followed by an announcement today. In my opinion it was badly done.

I think he already knew the outcome by the 60 minute mark and will have been ready for it.

My issue is that it looks a little unprofessional to do it this way on camera.   Clearly to appease the fans, but it won’t send a good message to potential coaches who would be looking at the job.

I’m glad he acknowledged the job Radford has done, but only the Hull board are responsible for the situation by not doing something sooner.   Pearson should have apologised the fans on camera for his role in this, instead of making it look like they’d finally managed to get rid of bad egg in the pile.

27 minutes ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

Lee Radford, despite what some people think of him, deserved at least “Come and see me tomorrow morning and we will discuss the situation.” This would have followed by an announcement today. In my opinion it was badly done.

Agree, totally and very unprofessional of a guy who has been in upper management for over half his life, he could have employed a bit of humility to a man who in his own words describes as a friend, Radford could have had family who would have been directly affected watching the progamme, as you say what would 12 hours different with a meeting today have mattered.

51 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Radford is looking for a good solicitor to represent him.  Know anyone?

No.

Besides, he hasn't been in an accident as far as I'm aware.

I can't help but feel that this game had an air of 'none of this actually matters'. It's a shame for Radford, because he lost his job on that, when there is a good chance the season will be canned and he would have had employment for a lot longer yet!

30 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I can't help but feel that this game had an air of 'none of this actually matters'. It's a shame for Radford, because he lost his job on that, when there is a good chance the season will be canned and he would have had employment for a lot longer yet!

Had similar thoughts myself.

42 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Exactly what I was thinking Dave, don't know how long Radford has on his contract, but surely that will have to be honoured?

58 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Exactly what I was thinking Dave, don't know how long Radford has on his contract, but surely that will have to be honoured?

I supposed that depends on the terms of severance. If it was mutually agreed that "that's that", then he's probably due nowt.  If it's a full sacking then he's due the remainder of his contract.

14 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Well, it's fairly well known on here I've been wanting this but, not having seen the tv events and reading what's been put by folks on here, I'm not sure it's been handled very well.

Is that because of your tag line below your posts?

?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Archived