Jump to content

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Rooney's Ears said:

All football postponed until at least April 3rd.

Will the Rugby be affected next?

The only time personally i think the RFL will is if non-league football is suspended or Government advise. If Wales vs Scotland Rugby union is allowed to go ahead which it is, i dont see why the RFL need to suspend rugby league at present

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rooney's Ears said:

All football postponed until at least April 3rd.

Will the Rugby be affected next?

Will happen sooner or later. I imagine they'll wait til a player gets it which forces a team to self isolate which forces more postponement until any actual action takes place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

The only time personally i think the RFL will is if non-league football is suspended or Government advise. If Wales vs Scotland Rugby union is allowed to go ahead which it is, i dont see why the RFL need to suspend rugby league at present

Now postponed.

 

CHAMPIONS 2005

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2020 at 12:40, georgehadgingerhair said:

Even worse if you have booked flights and accomodation

flippin well have..can't come to York for March 22. to say I'm p.o'd is putting it mildly. wanted to get squiffy with Deano and the boys

in the Bootham tavern..oh and watch RL!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking if "mass gatherings" are banned by the Government this weekend how will that affect the NCL/grassroots game and if it doesn't would people watch Acorn or Heworth in light of postponed or no fixtures in the Championship? I know this weekend is being moved to Fev. Could championship teams survive playing behind closed doors? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

I was thinking if "mass gatherings" are banned by the Government this weekend how will that affect the NCL/grassroots game and if it doesn't would people watch Acorn or Heworth in light of postponed or no fixtures in the Championship? I know this weekend is being moved to Fev. Could championship teams survive playing behind closed doors? 

The medical experts say players and occupants of 'technical areas' are at greater risk than spectators. 

After today, there won't be any rugby league, of any description, for months.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a small suggestion most teams all have there tv channels that show games after been played. Would they use that to stream games at say ticket price discounted for season ticket holders. So the season can go on and clubs still get revenue. Difference with rugby to footy is rugby is already on its ###### matches not played in rugby could be the end. Just a thought. Well also trying not to be insensitive about the current situation the world is in. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Just a small suggestion most teams all have there tv channels that show games after been played. Would they use that to stream games at say ticket price discounted for season ticket holders. So the season can go on and clubs still get revenue. Difference with rugby to footy is rugby is already on its ###### matches not played in rugby could be the end. Just a thought. Well also trying not to be insensitive about the current situation the world is in. 

Personally if this is the difference between having or not having a club/league I would opt for it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Best case scenario I can see is we get back on track for our match against fax at start of July. Then if we got rid of the playoffs we could complete all postponed fixtures by first week in Dec, then delay start of next season till March?....maybe

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...