“Club needs more support”

YoungYed

So just reading on Facebook that the club are calling out fans to get to games. Yes I agree get fans to games but the club needs to promote the games have signs around the town get someone who works in PR to get the word around. It’s embarrassing calling out the support when people struggle to get to stalybridge who may not drive get a local bus running. Drop the price down for a match to a £5. Your not going to get more fans in when there is no advertisement or much more to the point we’re not winning!!!

Seems really weird for a club to publish an article saying how bad their own attendances are on their official site.

I get the idea of a rallying call, but calling it’s own attendances “desperately poor” and comparing it to other team’s doesn’t look good at all.

1 hour ago, AmigoTopping said:

It is an appalling article, the club finally plays at a ground (shame it is not in Oldham) with a decent capacity along with the right promotions we could dramatically increase the attendances. Time to go CH

I agree that there needs to be a new leader but elton wont sell, when anyone gets close he bolts

Sadly it's the old argument about value for money. £17 to watch a team made up of lonees and DR players who give the impression they haven't played together so no apparent game plan, a team in a higher level of rugby with a worse team than last year and it seems hard to see us bettering the Hairnets record of last year.

I hope I am wrong.

I'll still be there encouraging the referee and hoping for the best - it gets me out of the house!

LNIA, Please explain how Oldham is a pro rugby club. Most clubs below the super league are semi-pro at best in terms of employing players and staff. Some clubs, it has to be said, are no better than the top league amature clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

SKally good call how can oldham rugby club call themselves a pro club 

ask the owner of Oldham rugby what  income his club gets from the RFL 

On 14/03/2020 at 23:57, SKalpy said:

LNIA, Please explain how Oldham is a pro rugby club. Most clubs below the super league are semi-pro at best in terms of employing players and staff. Some clubs, it has to be said, are no better than the top league amature clubs.

On 04/04/2020 at 02:50, Little no it all said:

What have Oldham rugby done in Oldham to promote rugby nothing 

heard if from Tameside post code you get a discount is this a joke 

LNIA;  Are you a reincarnation of 'Adele' ? ?   Oh, what fun we used to have with her crazy rantings about ORLFC.    Not ! 

On 04/04/2020 at 02:50, Little no it all said:

What have Oldham rugby done in Oldham to promote rugby nothing 

heard if from Tameside post code you get a discount is this a joke 

Wrong. It was for the first match only.

Get your facts right before posting more of your mindless drivel.

Sorry will stand corrected the offer to people from Tameside was only for one game

But what about anyone with a OL post code or all the parents who come to watch their kids play pre game at Oldham 

back to start of the post the club posted via media the poor turn out for the club when it needs money my point has always been poor show by a professional club looking for help from there own fans 

9 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Sorry will stand corrected the offer to people from Tameside was only for one game

But what about anyone with a OL post code or all the parents who come to watch their kids play pre game at Oldham 

back to start of the post the club posted via media the poor turn out for the club when it needs money my point has always been poor show by a professional club looking for help from there own fans 

The OL postcode covers a wide area including Rochdale, Ashton, Heywood, Littleborough, Bacup and Todmorden. I think you'll find that a lot of clubs are suffering from low attendance, not just Oldham. There's nothing wrong with asking for more support, it's up to people whether they want to watch or not. 

Who is this "Little (K)no it All?"  Every time I sadly read his/her posting all I see is negativity. He/she is definitely a half empty glass person and really needs to think how to encourage all the work that is going on behind the scenes by lots of volunteers who have the good of the club at heart.

Sadly, he/she will ask what is going on, anything to be seen as an KNOW it all who KNOWS NOWT! 

24 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Who is this "Little (K)no it All?"  Every time I sadly read his/her posting all I see is negativity. He/she is definitely a half empty glass person and really needs to think how to encourage all the work that is going on behind the scenes by lots of volunteers who have the good of the club at heart.

Sadly, he/she will ask what is going on, anything to be seen as an KNOW it all who KNOWS NOWT! 

I know, he/she must be a bit of a lemon. At the moment we could do with something positive, then up springs this wally. He/she's a troll so don't bother with anything they post on here. 

9 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

It doesn't really matter where you come from when supporting a club of your choosing. Look at the amount of people who follow the two Manchester football clubs and Liverpool, they're not all Manc unions or liverpudlians. If we can get people from other areas to watch Oldham Rugby then great. 

We agree ?

Archived