Games behind locked doors

Bill H

Catalan Dragons have been made to play their home game against the Rhinos behind locked doors.  To me this is the road to financial ruin.  Should the RL have helped the Dragons by adopting a more flexible approach, with the possibility of lengthening the season if necessary?   If they don't take this approach then a lot of games will be played behind closed doors in the UK when the pandemic takes hold.

32 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

Catalan Dragons have been made to play their home game against the Rhinos behind locked doors.  To me this is the road to financial ruin.  Should the RL have helped the Dragons by adopting a more flexible approach, with the possibility of lengthening the season if necessary?   If they don't take this approach then a lot of games will be played behind closed doors in the UK when the pandemic takes hold.

RFL wouldn't do that with aussies over here october 

Funny thing this medical bloke  regarding football  said more chance of transmitting it with people packed in pub watching game on tele than being sat in stands

3 hours ago, POR said:

RFL wouldn't do that with aussies over here october 

Funny thing this medical bloke  regarding football  said more chance of transmitting it with people packed in pub watching game on tele than being sat in stands

And at some games theres plenty a room to have some extra gaps/space in seated area. wonder of coaching staff and directors/wags are going to go on.

Well we seem to have gone a long way from the folks who were bleeting "its only flu" schools and doctors closed up here, few folks i know staying in,no bread mix or cake mix in co op or bog roll.

Those that tweet "its only flu" clearly have never heard of the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918/1919. 

From what I gather coronavirus is not a flu but related to the common cold.  Pretty lethal to the old and vulnerable but unlike the Spanish flu it seems to spare young adults.

Archived