Lee Radford Sacked (Merged Threads)

MZH

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull FC have spent a few quid over the years but the squad always lacked any real depth and injuries have played a big part in their finishing position during this time, this season they have beefed up the squad as well as adding more depth, however IMO this present squad will require a few more games to gel. (Didn't they fall off the bike in the latter end of the game last week and from what I can gather Catalan scored down the flank that was defended by a number who had come back from injury and probably not match fit)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I'm surprised but surprised at how it was announced.

Surely it could have been announced later on tonight or tomorrow and let Radford face the cameras and tell them where he thought things went wrong, even to tell his family before Pearson blurted it out live on TV

It seems very unprofessional of Pearson and Hull and if the owner is that unprofessional then it's hardly surprising the rest of the club seems to be a bit shambolic!

8 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Yep, but he asked for the interview.... Not as if he let it slip.   Didn't sit right for me.

Yeah  but its not like he came out, wwe style saying,

"lee Radford,  you just aint man enough to get the job done, thursday night, kcomm stadium, austin 3:16 says, you just lost your job."

1 minute ago, Chris22 said:

If you are a perspective coach, would you want to go to Hull when that's how they treat their coach?

A top coach may be turned off by that kind of conduct.

On the flip side, they could have sacked him on many occasions over the last 3 years and didnt. So you could say you get plenty of leeway as well.

24 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

On the flip side, they could have sacked him on many occasions over the last 3 years and didnt. So you could say you get plenty of leeway as well.

I agree that Pearson is within his right to sack. Hull FC have underachieved in 2018, 2019 and so far in 2020.

But the manner in which he did it, could do some damage.

Just now, Agbrigg said:

Thing is, which decent self respecting coach would want the job after seeing what type of man your future 'boss' is

Agar?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived