Jump to content

Lee Radford Sacked (Merged Threads)


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

He didnt, he announced that he had been sacked, as such he wasnt available to do the interview 

Yep, it was clear from the interview he had just spoken to Radford prior to the interview. Never-the-less I think it was not wise to have done so immediately after and not having spoken to everybody within the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Radford certainly deserves to go, and perhaps should have gone long before now, but no one deserves to be treated the way Pearson just treated him. It sums up Pearson completely. 

I would suggest all the folk on here criticising Adam Pearson read the transcript I posted, on the match thread, from the local rag reporter who witnessed how the dismissal was carried out. It wa

And it must have been literally two minutes after their conversation.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Someone who wants a job in Super League, at one of the biggest clubs. You see all the time in football that some clubs treat their managers appallingly but others are beating the door down to follow them. 

That could be because they stand to come out of it several million pounds richer when they get the inevitable sack 12-18 months later, i doubt RL works like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Adam Pearson gives a bit of clarity which dismisses all the "sacked on live tv" rubbish.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/exclusive-hull-fcs-adam-pearson-says-sacked-radders-knew-i-was-doing-tv-interview-2449038

Regardless, they could have kept it in house until the morning surely?

Radford could have done the interview with SKY, not mentioned anything then gone and said his goodbyes etc, or sent Last or Purtill to do it

I don't get why Pearson had to do the interview at all, it just looked really awkward and unprofessional for a so called professional organisation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, meast said:

That could be because they stand to come out of it several million pounds richer when they get the inevitable sack 12-18 months later, i doubt RL works like that.

It happens in the lower leagues too though, and always has. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really thought Hull would be right up there this year. I think it was clear Radford want going to turn it around.

I wonder what active performance management or warnings had been in place prior to last night? We might never know.  I also hope for everyone’s sake the appropriate contractual matters are being dealt with respectfully - no one deserves to have zero notice after 7 years and not be entitled to compensation. 

I hear Brian Smith might be available again ?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Adam Pearson gives a bit of clarity which dismisses all the "sacked on live tv" rubbish.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/exclusive-hull-fcs-adam-pearson-says-sacked-radders-knew-i-was-doing-tv-interview-2449038

There’s no way he spoke to him for 10-15 minutes before his interview. The time between the end of the match and Pearson’s interview was 10 minutes in itself, which doesn’t take into account the time for them to meet in private and Pearson then to get down to the pitch and prepare for the interview 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Pearson showed himself to be a man of no class. Pearson should have waited till the following day (the team would not have been training on Friday) to inform Lee Radford and then the players of Radford's dismissal, and then to hold a press conference to inform the media. That would have shown Radford the personal respect he deserved, and not interfered with the timely change of coaching responsibility. Pearson compounded his bad behaviour by later lying about the amount of time he had spent telling Lee Radford the bad news.

It is acts like the insensitivity shown by Adam Pearson on Sky Sports last night which gives the game of rugby league the reputation of being run by vulgar people.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2020 at 22:44, Manfred Mann said:

Adam Pearson showed himself to be a man of no class. Pearson should have waited till the following day (the team would not have been training on Friday) to inform Lee Radford and then the players of Radford's dismissal, and then to hold a press conference to inform the media. That would have shown Radford the personal respect he deserved, and not interfered with the timely change of coaching responsibility. Pearson compounded his bad behaviour by later lying about the amount of time he had spent telling Lee Radford the bad news.

It is acts like the insensitivity shown by Adam Pearson on Sky Sports last night which gives the game of rugby league the reputation of being run by vulgar people.

Give over.

Why wait? It was clear what was going to happen. All parties knew. Why drag it out and allow rumour to set in and allow everyone to slag Radford off for another night?

The weight has been lifted from everyone: from coach to fans to chairman. Time to move forward.

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC
  • Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Give over.

Why wait? It was clear what was going to happen. All parties knew. Why drag it out and allow rumour to set in and allow everyone to sir Radford off for another night?

The weight has been lifted from everyone: from coach to fans to chairman. Time to move forward.

Agree absolutely.

But I don't think he deserves a knighthood. ?

 

  • Haha 1

                                    "It started out in innocence, the way that most things do,
                                     a thousand people crammed in one place, but the only face was you"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Have seen proof of the head butt on kelly. 

Really?

Unless it's a video of it happening, no you haven't.

                                    "It started out in innocence, the way that most things do,
                                     a thousand people crammed in one place, but the only face was you"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

But after Wembley in 2016, I'd have given him one!

I was very emotional and thankful to him but I wouldn have gone that far.

  • Haha 2

                                    "It started out in innocence, the way that most things do,
                                     a thousand people crammed in one place, but the only face was you"

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Give over.

Why wait? It was clear what was going to happen. All parties knew. Why drag it out and allow rumour to set in and allow everyone to slag Radford off for another night?

The weight has been lifted from everyone: from coach to fans to chairman. Time to move forward.

IF by the comment "All parties knew" includes the players, then all 17 want sacking after putting out that performance and knowing the coach was going on the back of it. Regardless the way this has been handled really doesn't look good. anyway as you say, time to move on for the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angelic Upstart said:

IF by the comment "All parties knew" includes the players, then all 17 want sacking after putting out that performance and knowing the coach was going on the back of it. Regardless the way this has been handled really doesn't look good. anyway as you say, time to move on for the club.

The players are irrelevant. If things were going well, this wouldn't be an issue. Those players were playing with an embarrassing mindset that good management would never allow to get to that point. The fact is, it has been going that way for a number of months (even years if you go back to the back end of 2018). 

 

It said it all in the messages the top players tweeted about Radford's departure: "Thanks mate" etc. They saw him as a mate, not a boss. They took the mick. They weren't mentally in the correct place. There didn't appear to be any fear of failure. In fact, it seemed pretty acceptable.

A new man needs to come in and put in place expectations and mental discipline.

Worst thing AP could do is promote from within because you'll get the exact same thing.

We won't get a top NRL coach, so my no.1 would be Darryl Powell. We won't get him though unless we make him an offer too good to refuse or he suddenly falls out with Cas management. Ian Watson could be tempted given his resources at Salford are always being sold off. Possibly Danny Ward. I'm not sure I'd want another assistant being promoted this time. We've not had a head coach come to us directly since Shaun McRae came over with Gateshead; Kear was his assistant, Sharp was an assistant in NRL, Agar was his assistant, Gentle was an assistant in NRL, Radford was his assistant. Think there's a pattern developing...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dealwithit said:

No it’s a video shared by a current SL player. Won’t be revealing for obvious reasons. 

Obvious reasons such as the video not actually existing? You're right that's a pretty good reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...