Who next for the position of head coach at Hull FC?

Please don't litter this thread with criticisms of Adam Pearson and how he sacked Radford "live on Sky" because he didn't.

I'd just like to hear who people think would do a good job at my club. I know little about the NRL but that seems to be where SL clubs go in search for a new coach and, to be fair, it seems to pay off for some. Any of you NRL fans got any ideas?

Already we've had Craig Fitzgibbon's name being put forward, links to Hull FC obviously but has he ever been anything other than assistant coach yet?

And what about Stephen Kearney?, absolute legend and well looked up to during his admittedly brief playing career here.

Or should we give Andy Last and Kieran Purtill chance to turn things around?

Not keen on the last option, it's a new broom for me.

Would like to know people's thoughts, thanks.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel Hull need tried and tested, or risk another Radford situation.

Looking to the NRL an assistant coach is the only realistic option, but the likes of Neil Henry could be an option. Maybe Geoff Toovey also? Both with plenty of 1st grade NRL coaching experience.

Closer to home Shaun Wane might be an option, and combining the England role. No doubt the coaches with growing reputations at other clubs will also get linked. Watson, Ward, Chester.. Maybe even Tim Sheens?

I'm not particularly a fan of the 'ex-player makes a more attractive option' route.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I would not be surprised to hear Pearson already had a list of potential candidates.

If I were in his place (and thousands are relieved that I am not) I'd take my time,  avoid panic appointments, avoid those on the failed coaches merry-go-round.

I'd also be wary of giving anyone "a chance"  as that synonymous with "risky"

10 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

Brian McDermott nailed on.  

Didn't think of him and he'd be perfect...especially as him and Pearson have got along so famously recently.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Please don't litter this thread with criticisms of Adam Pearson and how he sacked Radford "live on Sky" because he didn't.

I'd just like to hear who people think would do a good job at my club. I know little about the NRL but that seems to be where SL clubs go in search for a new coach and, to be fair, it seems to pay off for some. Any of you NRL fans got any ideas?

Already we've had Craig Fitzgibbon's name being put forward, links to Hull FC obviously but has he ever been anything other than assistant coach yet?

And what about Stephen Kearney?, absolute legend and well looked up to during his admittedly brief playing career here.

I thought Kearney was contracted to the Warriors until 2022.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

I feel Hull need tried and tested, or risk another Radford situation.

Looking to the NRL an assistant coach is the only realistic option, but the likes of Neil Henry could be an option. Maybe Geoff Toovey also? Both with plenty of 1st grade NRL coaching experience.

Closer to home Shaun Wane might be an option, and combining the England role. No doubt the coaches with growing reputations at other clubs will also get linked. Watson, Ward, Chester.. Maybe even Tim Sheens?

I'm not particularly a fan of the 'ex-player makes a more attractive option' route.

“Tried and tested”....an Australian assistant coach. 

Not sure I understand what you mean. 

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

“Tried and tested”....an Australian assistant coach. 

Not sure I understand what you mean. 

I think they need to look for a tried and tested coach. If they're looking at the NRL an assistant coach is all they can hope for. I'm not suggesting as assistant iNRL coach s tried and tested. Clearer now?

Neil Henry and Geoff Toovey are two coaches with plenty of top line NRL experience who could be good options. Particularly Henry.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

6 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think they need to look for a tried and tested coach. If they're looking at the NRL an assistant coach is all they can hope for. I'm not suggesting as assistant iNRL coach s tried and tested. Clearer now?

Neil Henry and Geoff Toovey are two coaches with plenty of top line NRL experience who could be good options. Particularly Henry.

Makes sense now. I read it as that was what you were suggesting. 

I'd love to see Danny ward get the job. He did an incredible job with a much less talented group than Hull - think he'd be great

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

They'll need to find an individual who has a wife with nerves of steel who can take a husband who may be in employment before Sky cameras arrive for a night match,and then who is unemployed before the cameras are packed away.

Should the head coach have children of school age,then the attitude of schoolchildren towards his children will have to be factored in.

Looking at the Hull FC supporters,who have wanted countless head coaches driven out will need to be considered,and,of course,an owner who plays to the gallery - of those Hull FC supporters.

I reckon there'll be loads of candidates already applied...

Just be patient for a couple more years and takeover Newcastle Thunder... 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Stephen Kearney! Heaven help you. I would rather Coronavirus itself coach my club

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I hope to god it is not Kearney.  Does nobody follow the Warriors? His win ratio is abysmal as their coach.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Didn't think of him and he'd be perfect...especially as him and Pearson have got along so famously recently.

hell yeah Macca would do me.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Interesting how you refer to is as, your club!!! What makes it your club? 

If it's your club then throw ya hat in the ring 

Archived