Who next for the position of head coach at Hull FC?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They aren't going to get anyone who's a frontline NRL coach Kearney included, status and salary will ensure that. A assistant possibly, Fitzgibbons will have his eye on taking the top job at the Rooster's, whether he needs a Head coaches job first is open to conjecture.

I'm surprised Toovey gets a mention, he didn't pull up any tree's whilst at the Bulls and seemed less than impressed with the English game nor has he got anything other than TV & Radio work back home.

Somehow I think Ellis will be more involved, who with? my guess is it's from Paul Anderson, Nathan Brown, if he wants to come back here, or Brian Noble.

2 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Interesting how you refer to is as, your club!!! What makes it your club? 

If it's your club then throw ya hat in the ring 

*Sigh*

I know I shouldn't bother but Hull FC are obviously the club I follow so I class them as "my club".

What would be more interesting would be knowing which club you follow.

I accept that I'm unlikely to get an honest answer but I thought I'd try anyway.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Craig Fitzgibbon

Daryl Powell

Ian Watson

Danny Ward

Ryan Carr

I'd go for one of these....

Ryan Carr did a great job at Fev last season, taking them to within a heartbeat of SL qualification on fairly scanty resources.  Fev played some of the most attractive football I've ever seen them play last season under him.  It wasn't the repetitive five drives and a kick, but attractive ball in hand rugby, which is what I like to see.   I'll never tire of saying this but if fans want to see how the game was meant to be played they should watch a replay of the Leigh v Fev game from the end of last season.  A brilliant night, for both sides.

If they go for McDermott they want their heads examining.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

6 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Makes sense now. I read it as that was what you were suggesting. 

I think there’s several who could be considered from the NRL.  Fitzgibbon already has links with Hull FC, Griffin, Brown and a curve ball might be Shane Flanagan.

Personally, I wouldn’t be happy with either Noble or Anderson.  100% backward step with Nobby and Baloos history with other coaches wouldn’t be the right fit.

On the sacking, very little mention has been made of injuries in last nights game.  The last 2 + years have been injury ridden (I know others have had injuries too) and last night was no different.  All successful teams have to be lucky the way those go.

Despite the negativity on LR sacking I believe the job is prestigious and will attract plenty of contenders.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Ryan Carr did a great job at Fev last season, taking them to within a heartbeat of SL qualification on fairly scanty resources.  Fev played some of the most attractive football I've ever seen them play last season under him.  It wasn't the repetitive five drives and a kick, but attractive ball in hand rugby, which is what I like to see.   I'll never tire of saying this but if fans want to see how the game was meant to be played they should watch a replay of the Leigh v Fev game from the end of last season.  A brilliant night, for both sides.

If they go for McDermott they want their heads examining.

Although the last statement is daft, I’d agree that Carr did an exceptional stint.  

20 minutes ago, my missus said:

nobby's coming and let that be the end of it.

No thanks.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

*Sigh*

I know I shouldn't bother but Hull FC are obviously the club I follow so I class them as "my club".

What would be more interesting would be knowing which club you follow.

I accept that I'm unlikely to get an honest answer but I thought I'd try anyway.

I'm a fan of Hull as my name suggests!!! 

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

I think there’s several who could be considered from the NRL.  Fitzgibbon already has links with Hull FC, Griffin, Brown and a curve ball might be Shane Flanagan.

Personally, I wouldn’t be happy with either Noble or Anderson.  100% backward step with Nobby and Baloos history with other coaches wouldn’t be the right fit.

On the sacking, very little mention has been made of injuries in last nights game.  The last 2 + years have been injury ridden (I know others have had injuries too) and last night was no different.  All successful teams have to be lucky the way those go.

Despite the negativity on LR sacking I believe the job is prestigious and will attract plenty of contenders.

But is avoiding injuries just down to luck or is it down to the type of training and the skills of the support staff? If you are continually suffering lot's of of injuries is there a pattern to them, it's certainly something that should be looked into by a competent administration.

7 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

They'll need to find an individual who has a wife with nerves of steel who can take a husband who may be in employment before Sky cameras arrive for a night match,and then who is unemployed before the cameras are packed away.

Should the head coach have children of school age,then the attitude of schoolchildren towards his children will have to be factored in.

Looking at the Hull FC supporters,who have wanted countless head coaches driven out will need to be considered,and,of course,an owner who plays to the gallery - of those Hull FC supporters.

I reckon there'll be loads of candidates already applied...

Just be patient for a couple more years and takeover Newcastle Thunder... 

Except in Lee Radford's case the vast majority of Hull supporters never turned on him. There was far too much residual respect for what he achieved and the way he worked his knackers off for the club.

I'll be forever grateful for what he gave us and wish him all the best for the future.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Except in Lee Radford's case the vast majority of Hull supporters never turned on him. There was far too much residual respect for what he achieved and the way he worked his knackers off for the club.

I'll be forever grateful for what he gave us and wish him all the best for the future.

I agree but everybody has a breaking point. 

The cup wins are ancient history to me.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

8 hours ago, Clogiron said:

They aren't going to get anyone who's a frontline NRL coach Kearney included, status and salary will ensure that. A assistant possibly, Fitzgibbons will have his eye on taking the top job at the Rooster's, whether he needs a Head coaches job first is open to conjecture.

I'm surprised Toovey gets a mention, he didn't pull up any tree's whilst at the Bulls and seemed less than impressed with the English game nor has he got anything other than TV & Radio work back home.

Somehow I think Ellis will be more involved, who with? my guess is it's from Paul Anderson, Nathan Brown, if he wants to come back here, or Brian Noble.

What? Trent Robinson will turn 43 on Sunday. With his record of three Grand Final wins and three World Club Challenge wins in his seven years at the club, and already signed up for years to come, he is not likely to retire before Craig Fitzgibbon enters a nursing home. Craig Fitzgibbon has no chance of succeeding Trent Robinson, but he is  a definite possibility for Hull though.

Brian Noble is possibly in line for a high paying job with either Ottawa or New York.

Could people please stop mentioning the name Stephen Kearney? The guy has been a failure as coach at the New Zealand Warriors. If not for the presence of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, David Fusitua, and Ken Maumalo in the team the NZ Warriors would have been wooden spooners already. It is a bizarre miracle that Kearney has not yet been sacked. But if the NZ Warriors don't make the NRL playoffs this season, he may well be sacked. Hull should steer clear of this very poor coach.

11 hours ago, Ullman said:

You know I normally agree with you but I can't agree with the use of that word here. I'm happy to accept that Hull FC fans are long suffering folk who put up with a lot of garbage before moaning too loudly but, although I concede that the majority seem to have stuck by Radford, I would argue it isn't a vast majority. 

The consecutive Wembley cup wins are unprecedented in our club's history, he was the architect of those and, but for a narrow and controversial defeat at Saints in the QF in 2018, it might well have been 3.

However, he has also been in charge for what must easily be the most inconsistent period in our club's history and also in charge for what must also be the highest number of embarrassing defeats in the fewest seasons..

Last year we won a match at home 56-12 then three days later lost away 62-16. That to me sums up the problem Pearson had, if a team can beat Hull KR so emphatically, why couldn't they go to Saints three days later and at least put up some resistance. I would say the players needed little motivation from the coach for the derby but needed a decent bit of coaching to instill the mentality not to roll over at Langtree Park.

And, during the same season, we concede 60 odd at home to Wire, go to their place a few weeks later and win. Then a week after winning at the Halliwell Jones, we concede 50 at Liverpool against Huddersfield.

I'm amazed Person's patience lasted as long as it did, quite frankly.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived