Who next for the position of head coach at Hull FC?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Pity there's probably no chance of winkling Craig Bellamy out of his beloved Melbourne, he'd be the man to turn Hull into the RL powerhouse that they're obviously capable of being under the right leadership.

Yes. You are correct. There is no chance of Craig Bellamy leaving Melbourne. Stop even considering such a crazy fantasy.

19 hours ago, Clogiron said:

But is avoiding injuries just down to luck or is it down to the type of training and the skills of the support staff? If you are continually suffering lot's of of injuries is there a pattern to them, it's certainly something that should be looked into by a competent administration.

It’s a blend of many things.  

I believe that was looked at either last year or the year before but it is difficult to plan for 3 wingers being injured (1 for a reckless tackle, another a pulled hamstring in the warm up and a 3rd with a hernia).  Difficult also to plan for head knocks and collision injuries or stupidity when wrestling a player to the ground, in a no mark game with an illegal throw or dog shotting a half back and getting banned.  The only one I can see, down to training, is the Naulago reckless tackle.

14 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

What? Trent Robinson will turn 43 on Sunday. With his record of three Grand Final wins and three World Club Challenge wins in his seven years at the club, and already signed up for years to come, he is not likely to retire before Craig Fitzgibbon enters a nursing home. Craig Fitzgibbon has no chance of succeeding Trent Robinson, but he is  a definite possibility for Hull though.

Brian Noble is possibly in line for a high paying job with either Ottawa or New York.

You just might be suprised how soon the Rooster's job becomes available, Robinson is quite rightly destined for higher things in the NRL, how soon that happens is like everything else at the moment up in the air, but the handling of the situation may determine the futures of those currently tasked with it.

17 hours ago, jacksy said:

I agree but everybody has a breaking point. 

The cup wins are ancient history to me.

Indeed, I think we all accept you can't live on past glories forever.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

No club has a right to expect success.  Before the season started there was plenty of press expecting big things and not one considered the team had to gel.  That weight of expectation, especially after the Leeds win, got heavier and heavier.

I remember Leon Pryce commenting that it was a great club when winning but a terrible place to be when losing.  Same comments have come around again.

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

You know I normally agree with you but I can't agree with the use of that word here. I'm happy to accept that Hull FC fans are long suffering folk who put up with a lot of garbage before moaning too loudly but, although I concede that the majority seem to have stuck by Radford, I would argue it isn't a vast majority. 

The consecutive Wembley cup wins are unprecedented in our club's history, he was the architect of those and, but for a narrow and controversial defeat at Saints in the QF in 2018, it might well have been 3.

However, he has also been in charge for what must easily be the most inconsistent period in our club's history and also in charge for what must also be the highest number of embarrassing defeats in the fewest seasons..

Last year we won a match at home 56-12 then three days later lost away 62-16. That to me sums up the problem Pearson had, if a team can beat Hull KR so emphatically, why couldn't they go to Saints three days later and at least put up some resistance. I would say the players needed little motivation from the coach for the derby but needed a decent bit of coaching to instill the mentality not to roll over at Langtree Park.

And, during the same season, we concede 60 odd at home to Wire, go to their place a few weeks later and win. Then a week after winning at the Halliwell Jones, we concede 50 at Liverpool against Huddersfield.

I'm amazed Person's patience lasted as long as it did, quite frankly.

All good points, mate and while I would agree that the majority of fans accept that the time for change had come it never manifested itself in any kind open hostility on match day.

My point was in response to a suggestion that coaches get hounded out by the fans at Hull. Nothing could be further from the truth in Radford's case.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived