Jamie Thackray

Former GB international Jamie Thackray is turning out for Whitehaven in the Championship at the moment, aged 40. Still looks like a pretty decent player too.

By my reckoning, he's played for 16 different clubs, in 4 different countries. I remember a discussion on here about who has played for the most clubs, but that is quite some record.

Was a really good player for a while. Outstanding in his first spell at Hull and fully deserved his GB caps that year. I dont know what his performances are like these days but that's very old for a guy who let's say hasn't always been the most professional.

At least with someone like Gaz Ellis you know he's looked after himself and wouldn't still be out there if he had doubts about his ability.

Hopefully he is doing it because he is still enjoying it and still feels good. I hope he isn't just putting himself through the pain simply for the money, which wont be very much at all.

Archived