York cup tie at Fev

HaxbyKnight

15 hours ago, Rarefrith said:

Strange that the last game at Fev for a long time won’t involve Fev. 

Not sure what you mean. Have games at Fev now been cancelled? I thought we had an announcement that we would carry on? Or are you making a different point?

4 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Sorry must have missed it. I thought Longo had said we would carry on.

He did. Look at everything else going on around us however, and I'd be gobsmacked if we've a home (or any) game in the near future. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

The government are about to announce the banning of gatherings of over 500 from next weekend. That will suspend the season and if that stands for a few months then there is no way we can catch up, can’t play 2 games of rugby every week. To be honest it’s a worry how our club and others survive without matches for a sustained period. 

Terry has been up to this game today and was talking to some York fans and they’re under the impression that our game against them next weekend will be at Featherstone due to Bootham crescent being a football ground and matches are banned. I find that very strange seeing other grounds are dual use. 

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, Maureen T-k said:

Terry has been up to this game today and was talking to some York fans and they’re under the impression that our game against them next weekend will be at Featherstone due to Bootham crescent being a football ground and matches are banned. I find that very strange seeing other grounds are dual use. 

Probably some truth in that as York Citys home game was called off Sat

1 hour ago, Rarefrith said:

The government are about to announce the banning of gatherings of over 500 from next weekend. That will suspend the season and if that stands for a few months then there is no way we can catch up, can’t play 2 games of rugby every week. To be honest it’s a worry how our club and others survive without matches for a sustained period. 

How about letting  500 season ticket holders in and then showing two giant TV shows for any extra supporters who could fill the car park and the other  surrounding areas including the training pitch. Three separate gatherings with a 1500 supporters. Better than nought. 

It would need clever organisation but all would see the game and the ones outside the ground would have a reduced rate to pay. Season Ticket holders who didn't get in would get a ticket which shows an amount which would be taken from the price of next season tickets. We would get through the season with some income coming in and supporters having some pleasure. Watched a bit of the Wigan game that was showing in the ground. It was very clear and could be seen from a distance. Just an idea but better than cancellation after cancellation. Temporary barriers would be needed to control the crowd but I reckon it would work. Separate crowds within the rules.

13 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

It would need clever organisation but all would see the game and the ones outside the ground would have a reduced rate to pay. Season Ticket holders who didn't get in would get a ticket which shows an amount which would be taken from the price of next season tickets. We would get through the season with some income coming in and supporters having some pleasure. Watched a bit of the Wigan game that was showing in the ground. It was very clear and could be seen from a distance. Just an idea but better than cancellation after cancellation. Temporary barriers would be needed to control the crowd but I reckon it would work. Separate crowds within the rules.

Whilst good to see some thought going into alternatives, I sadly can't see this happening. People will need to isolate themselves, and advice is to avoid physical contact. That doesn't really work for a contact sport. It's not just managing a crowd, it's managing player and support staff welfare as well. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

It's a sport not life or death, this virus is causing deaths if no sport so be it till hopefully its been dealt with. 

I'd also suspect that it's likely a fair proportion of our fan base are likely to fall into the highest risk demographic. Why take unnecessary risks with lives? 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Just now, gazza77 said:

I'd also suspect that it's likely a fair proportion of our fan base are likely to fall into the highest risk demographic. Why take unnecessary risks with lives? 

Excatly! It was bad enough Friday night it was that cold ❄. 

Its not a case of just pleasing the paying public. Players are not exempt from getting the virus nor are their families sadly. A suspension is the best way forward. Complete the season later and if it goes on for any length of time then truncate next season until we get back into alignment.

26 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Its not a case of just pleasing the paying public. Players are not exempt from getting the virus nor are their families sadly. A suspension is the best way forward. Complete the season later and if it goes on for any length of time then truncate next season until we get back into alignment.

A suspension could mean that there are some clubs who won't be able to resume the season. 

Archived