York cup tie at Fev

HaxbyKnight

Saw a quite sensible answer to the question of how may we continue when the chaos is over and there is a large backlog of games. The suggestion was to play two games on the same day with each game being restricted to 40 minutes. Not ideal but a solution.

17 hours ago, jamescolin said:

How about letting  500 season ticket holders in and then showing two giant TV shows for any extra supporters who could fill the car park and the other  surrounding areas including the training pitch. Three separate gatherings with a 1500 supporters. Better than nought. 

I enjoyed my afternoon at Fev.yesterday, and one thing that crossed my mind should the season continue was if crowds are restricted to 500 in any one place, then open all four sides of the ground to increase the capacity and limit the numbers allowed in each area. Plenty of room to spread the crowd about.

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Cancelling the season altogether also has the same effect Robin. And as I see it carrying on is out of the question. So what is the answer?

If we are over the worst play out the remaining League matches between middle of August and end of November.15 weeks play two games one week and one game the next alternating we should be able to Complete fixtures by then.Play offs would be early December and start the following season six weeks later.Although being able to play by the middle of August may be optimistic.

19 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

To be fair it’s going to be a lot longer than that!!!

I suspect most decisions on sports, and other restrictions will probably be reviewed roughly every two weeks for the foreseeable future. No Fev, bike racing at Oliver's Mount cancelled, looks like I'll be getting quite a lot of decorating done over the coming weeks. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 minute ago, Fev1983 said:

I disagree with you, it should be our choice to go or not.  The rfl have become a lemming and followed suit

Do players and other club staff who are equally at risk get a say? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

18 hours ago, Fev1983 said:

I disagree with you, it should be our choice to go or not.  The rfl have become a lemming and followed suit

I don't think you realise how serious it is, its sport not life or death, unlike this virus. 

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

I don't think you realise how serious it is, its sport not life or death, unlike this virus. 

Is this virus any more dangerous or prevalent than flu?. Maybe it is, but I’m not sure that there’s actual evidence to support that it is as yet.

16 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Is this virus any more dangerous or prevalent than flu?. Maybe it is, but I’m not sure that there’s actual evidence to support that it is as yet.

The mortality rate of 1% for covid19 is similar to normal winter flu. The issue is that there is a general level of immunity to winter flu so less than 10% of people get flu and the risk for vulnerable groups is lowered with the flu jab. This is a new virus, there is no immunity, so potentially 60 - 70% of the population are going to get it, with subsequent deaths, if we don't take some action.

Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

Archived