SL to offer Sky all games live to fill gaps in schedule

Just an article rather than an official statement, but here's the gist: Super League is considering approaching Sky Sports with a proposal to show all its games live after cancellations because of coronavirus-created gaps in the broadcaster’s schedules.

Article here: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/13/rfl-super-league-fixtures-leeds-pull-out-catalans-coronovirus

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I would imagine after this weekend there will not be any live R.L. to show. In my opinion,once again the S.L and R.F.L. have shown themselves up, advertising to one and all ,we have no money,and in their eyes that comes before the health of players and supporters.

30 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

I would imagine after this weekend there will not be any live R.L. to show. In my opinion,once again the S.L and R.F.L. have shown themselves up, advertising to one and all ,we have no money,and in their eyes that comes before the health of players and supporters.

That's a pretty daft statement IMO given the RFL so far have followed the guidance of scientific and health experts to the letter. If public gatherings are banned next week and they continue then you may have a point, but to claim they're showing no consideration for the health of players and supporters by following the advice of experts is an odd conclusion to come to

19 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Either way there almost certainly won't be any live Rugby League to show in a couple of weeks time

Maybe some League 1 or NCL games. But that's hardly within SL's scope to offer out...

OurLeague better sort their livestream problems out, then.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, fairfolly said:

Moove,

So you reckon Football, Rugby Union, Cricket,Tennis,Golf etc. are all wrong to cancel their sport.Or is it that all those Sports have more respect for their players and supporters than R.L. have for theirs.

Our calendar is so full we can’t really postpone games, football can play twice a week to catch up, RL can’t do that 

4 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Moove,

So you reckon Football, Rugby Union, Cricket,Tennis,Golf etc. are all wrong to cancel their sport.Or is it that all those Sports have more respect for their players and supporters than R.L. have for theirs.

Did I say that? Er, no. It's their decision to make. I'm not a medical or scientific expert therefore I'll continue to follow the advice of those who are. I won't criticise those, such as the RFL, who choose to do the same. It's odd that you think sports administrators know more about dealing with a pandemic than the leading virologists.

Mr. Sinfield,

Another one then who thinks a game of rugby is more important than the health of people. What has money got to do with it,we are talking about possibly life or death for some people but yo actually think that a R.L. club losing money is far more important.

Well personally Moove, I do not need Scientific experts to give me advice. If people are dying from this virus then I can make my own decision that it is dangerous. Try to explain to anybody that has lost a loved one that the Scientific experts think it is all right to carry on as normal.Instead of trying to be controversial use a bit of common sense.

10 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Well personally Moove, I do not need Scientific experts to give me advice. If people are dying from this virus then I can make my own decision that it is dangerous. Try to explain to anybody that has lost a loved one that the Scientific experts think it is all right to carry on as normal.Instead of trying to be controversial use a bit of common sense.

Thank you for your contribution, Mr President.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived