Newcastle Thunder CC Rd 5

Crown Flatter

Looks like this game will go ahead and we play a team in the lower division, but a club with aspirations of okaying in a higher division next year by spending on quality players.

Difficult one to forecast as we will be playing on a drier pitch with it being an artificial surface, so here I go:

Newcastle 18-25 Dewsbury 

FTS: Fleming

MoM: Finn

Att: 932

We will be without Adam Ryder as he was injured in the match on Wednesday. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

32 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Looks like this game will go ahead and we play a team in the lower division, but a club with aspirations of okaying in a higher division next year by spending on quality players.

Difficult one to forecast as we will be playing on a drier pitch with it being an artificial surface, so here I go:

Newcastle 18-25 Dewsbury 

FTS: Fleming

MoM: Finn

Att: 932

We will be without Adam Ryder as he was injured in the match on Wednesday. 

Hard to call, not least since we don’t know our 17.  No Adam Ryder is a blow fur sure.  
Hoping for a win but more interested to see how we go on a dry, flat pitch.  

Could easily be last game for a while I fear?

Newcastle 18 - 21 Rams

Att: 765

I will be absent I'm afraid. Might have to start digging out those old DVD's soon. ?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

I really hope it isn't the last game for a while. These are precious times for Dewsbury fans.

Hope I’m wrong but I think it’s looking quite likely our amazing start will come to an abrupt halt and the way they’re talking now might not start again?

Mind. They are talking  about over 70s self isolating for 4 months now.   Since half our speccies fall in this group it will savage our attendance figures even if we do carry on.   What a disaster.  Only Batley will be happy ?

Never change a winning team! Very weak on our LHS through having to accommodate loss of Ryder and the fast start by Thunder put us on the back foot and unfortunately Johnson and Dixon struggled. But take nothing from Thunder as they were committed in attack and their full back was for me their MOM.  

1 minute ago, Reverend Ram said:

Never change a winning team! Very weak on our LHS through having to accommodate loss of Ryder and the fast start by Thunder put us on the back foot and unfortunately Johnson and Dixon struggled. But take nothing from Thunder as they were committed in attack and their full back was for me their MOM.  

Thought did Ok given it was third game in a week, we had both centres out, Sykes appeared to be out of it for last 20 min and it was such a foreign playing surface.  At home, with Ryder fit think we'd have won it nicely.

That said they played to their strengths and made less mistakes and deserved the win...

We seemed light in the forwards today compared to recent games and you can tell when Connor Scott is off the park ..

Onwards and upwards and lets look forward to taking on Featherstone when the season resumes in August ☹️

And Thunders reward....

Toronto Wolfpack ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The neutral watching the telly must have enjoyed it. Thunder played well throughout and didn’t tire and I wouldn’t blame tiredness on our defeat, Thunder were good value for that win. 

I felt sorry for Liam Johnson, cast as a centre and must have been sloughened when brought off so early in the game. 

When we drew level at 30 all I thought we were going to edge it, but the hosts saw otherwise. 

i think we missed Luke Nelmes up front; he causes havoc when he gets going, but I suppose Connor Scott is a similar player, one I feared might be ‘an also ran’, but look how well he has done. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

The neutral watching the telly must have enjoyed it. Thunder played well throughout and didn’t tire and I wouldn’t blame tiredness on our defeat, Thunder were good value for that win. 

I felt sorry for Liam Johnson, cast as a centre and must have been sloughened when brought off so early in the game. 

When we drew level at 30 all I thought we were going to edge it, but the hosts saw otherwise. 

i think we missed Luke Nelmes up front; he causes havoc when he gets going, but I suppose Connor Scott is a similar player, one I feared might be ‘an also ran’, but look how well he has done. 

Poor discipline didn't help either 

On 16/03/2020 at 20:28, Crown Flatter said:

Johnson didn’t look mobile enough to play in the centre and a couple of weak tries were conceded down that side early on.  With Fleming and Ryder out, the only other option was Sykes who did well when he filled in.

rambo.gif

Thunder were well organised by bob Beswick and their attacking line looked a good formation when running and passing. A bit like the 'red arrows'  - organised. We have never had that look about our 'back' line and seem to play more ad hoc. Even Swinton last season and dare I say Batley also last season looked more dangerous. Its more obvious when you get a higher viewing position from the TV cameras. The corona problem may give us more time to solve this issue although I know we will not be training.

Archived