Bored already.

On a typical Saturday - say a week ago - I'd start my day off with some Premier League. Then some pre-season baseball, XFL football, a NASCAR race, NHL and NBA, and depending on scheduling, an F1/F2 race.

Repeat as much of this as possible on Sunday. (Sorry, no RL, the channel that carries it is simply too expensive when RL is the only thing I'd watch on it).

But today? Nothing. Glad I'm not a sports talk show host. Hours to fill and literally nothing to talk about.

So I signed up for Netflix. Any recommendations?

9 hours ago, TIWIT said:

On a typical Saturday - say a week ago - I'd start my day off with some Premier League. Then some pre-season baseball, XFL football, a NASCAR race, NHL and NBA, and depending on scheduling, an F1/F2 race.

Repeat as much of this as possible on Sunday. (Sorry, no RL, the channel that carries it is simply too expensive when RL is the only thing I'd watch on it).

But today? Nothing. Glad I'm not a sports talk show host. Hours to fill and literally nothing to talk about.

RL is on the BBC website this afternoon. Thunder v Rams.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

10 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Buy everything pertaining to RL , read it over and over until you then start to understand the sport better ?

22 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

But when you read this just remember it's incredibly out of date. 

download.jpg

In what way ? 

Since when is spending money you don't actually have to buy the best quality available not end up with you winning trophy's ? , It worked for Wigan and the Bulls 

I'm having a couple of hours on guitar in a bit.... then play a few tunes on hi-fi, open a bottle, listen to Rock 101 Vancouver whilst I prep tea, read observer, open another bottle, eat dinner..... prob watch rugby on delay and hope saints win.....

That should take care of most of the day.

21 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In what way ? 

Since when is spending money you don't actually have to buy the best quality available not end up with you winning trophy's ? , It worked for Wigan and the Bulls 

I'm just waiting for the sequel, "Building a Losing Team by Spending Loads of Money You Do Have On a Paper-thin Squad That Gets Injured, Get Fired and Then Hope a Pandemic Comes Along to Cancel the Season So the Team Doesn't Get Relegated" by Brian Noble. 

11 minutes ago, meast said:

No different to any other day then?

Thats very true, but even more then usual....mind you must be hard when there is very little sport being played I spose!

I've finished my poetry homework. It's a canzone, a complicated medieval obessive (repetitive) form.

I also did a bit of panic buying (actually normal shopping) in Aldi. At 10 o'clock it did resemble zombies descending on the high school craving the brains of the kids trapped inside. By which I mean toilet rolls. Aldi limiting customers to 4 of any item.

When you see people grabbing stuff and the shelf empyting you get this gutteral urge to join in. Your sensible brain has to override it.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Just made a nice chicken and leak pie,sorted some sprouts and spuds out,done some nice onion gravy and made a trifle, made a few date scones for if am snowed in.

time to catch up with brisca f1 finals from past few years off u tube. if you get too bored have alook and go up with speakers and full screen.its another sport going to be on hold after todays meeting.

13 minutes ago, silverback said:

Just made a nice chicken and leak pie,sorted some sprouts and spuds out,done some nice onion gravy and made a trifle, made a few date scones for if am snowed in.

time to catch up with brisca f1 finals from past few years off u tube. if you get too bored have alook and go up with speakers and full screen.its another sport going to be on hold after todays meeting.

Are those wild leeks or store bought?

41 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Are those wild leeks or store bought?

home grown by myself, grow most a my veg all year round. otherwise store bought is from africa or mexico and i find it very dry after its trip over here.lol. even do all my own rhubarb gin.:kolobok_popcorm1:

I went to a live RL game this afternoon. Eagles v Town at the Keepmoat. Not a classic but may be the last chance for a while.

10 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'm just waiting for the sequel, "Building a Losing Team by Spending Loads of Money You Do Have On a Paper-thin Squad That Gets Injured, Get Fired and Then Hope a Pandemic Comes Along to Cancel the Season So the Team Doesn't Get Relegated" by Brian Noble. 

Yes that'll work as well ?

9 hours ago, silverback said:

What was it leaking?

11 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Our Canadian Boys are now stuck over there and that is all you have to post?

BRING OUR BOYS HOME!

Archived