Injury jinks again

silverfox

Not a good afternoon Marcus OBrian  taken to hospital  suspected ankle damage  Hanley Dawson  scratches to both eyelids  . Elliott Miller didnt play could be out for 6/8 week hamstring injury . 300 attendance it will have cost Town this afternoon to play in the Cup .. All teams should be in from the 1st round  .We have played 3 games so far .8 Super league teams have just come into this round ,play 3 games and are at Wembley . Something needs sorted 

I didn’t think Elliot looked right at Newcastle from fairly early in the first half. He just didn’t seem to be moving as he can. Hopefully gets it sorted and can come back fully fit. Marcus will be a huge miss if the season continues. Considering he is in his first year as a pro he has been outstanding.

30 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Were far better equipped to deal with injuries this season than we were last season. O'Brien has been outstanding so far, so he could be a real miss. 

Miller has played with that hamstring strapped up all season. 

Yeah I think o'Brien is going to be a huge miss but hopefully Marwood can grab his chance!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Indeed , could happen any day the way things are moving fast , but I fear if things stop it’s gonna be a long time until they start again . Having things without crowds will be the first thing they look at I’d guess 

No chance of the RFL making clubs play behind closed doors, every single club would probably go to the wall if that happened. I can see the government shutting all games down before the next game, this still leaves most clubs in financial peril. 

1 minute ago, unicorn106 said:

No chance of the RFL making clubs play behind closed doors, every single club would probably go to the wall if that happened. I can see the government shutting all games down before the next game, this still leaves most clubs in financial peril. 

Aye there’s no good options here 

8 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

One discussed by Wayne Bennett was to play all NRL games at one place. Couldn't really do it over here but something along that line might be effective.. 

Had a good bet on the lads yesterday with start but would gladly have lost the bet rather than have our usual crop of injuries . Elliott has had no luck for the last 3 seasons with injury , Marcus was looking the part as well , and Hanley seems to have been dealt a nasty injury also , you would think we were used to it by now , but every season seems the same , we build up a decent Team only to have it dismantled week by week .Still the chance for others to step up , thats if the games aren`t cancelled of course .

31 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Had a good bet on the lads yesterday with start but would gladly have lost the bet rather than have our usual crop of injuries . Elliott has had no luck for the last 3 seasons with injury , Marcus was looking the part as well , and Hanley seems to have been dealt a nasty injury also , you would think we were used to it by now , but every season seems the same , we build up a decent Team only to have it dismantled week by week .Still the chance for others to step up , thats if the games aren`t cancelled of course .

Let's not get away from the fact Marcus is precaution at the moment. Elliot is really unlucky with the leg. Hanley was running rings around Sheffield yesterday till he went off. 

15 hours ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Was at the game Marcus is going to Whitehaven hospital when he's back said it's hopefully just as a precaution. The tackle if you can call it that on Hanley was absolutely vile. 

The tackle on Hanley, how did that occur? surely their player must be sighted...?

Elliott ot has had shocking luck for most of his career, has he ever played a full season? I seem to remember he lost a lot of game time when at haven. Such a blow for Elliott and the club, a fit Elliott would rip this league up. All the best El hope you heal quickly and we see you back in the Town shirt soon. ?

1 hour ago, Limmertime said:

The tackle on Hanley, how did that occur? surely their player must be sighted...?

Spoke to him this morning and he has no idea of what happened. Where I was sat it looked like either a straight fist or a gouge attempt. Nigel came on with a towel and water dabbing around his eyes and next thing he's off. The worst part of it was that the referee let Sheffield have a tackle before stopping play for treatment. The lines man Child was stood a matter of feet away from it and didn't even signal anything to the referee. 

2 hours ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Spoke to him this morning and he has no idea of what happened. Where I was sat it looked like either a straight fist or a gouge attempt. Nigel came on with a towel and water dabbing around his eyes and next thing he's off. The worst part of it was that the referee let Sheffield have a tackle before stopping play for treatment. The lines man Child was stood a matter of feet away from it and didn't even signal anything to the referee. 

shocking, hopefully he is fit enough to play Sunday (if on)

5 hours ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

He was gouged by a ball carrier??

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Archived