SURVING

1 minute ago, newbe said:

This crisis (it is) will sort out clubs who run there business correctly weather it be S/L to League 1. It will get rid of all the wood. Just my opinion 

It's a virus, not dry rot.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I think this Coronavirus pandemic is a very serious threat to rugby league clubs,especially as it more than likely seems that all sporting events will soon be banned,causing the season to be suspended indefinitely.

And sadly I think that the lack of matchday income ie at the turnstiles,corporate etc will see clubs go to the wall because some are already at best finding it tough going as it is.

Please I hope I am proven wrong.

Clubs wth an independent source of income... usually defined as a rich benefactor may survive... assuming the business of the rich benefactor is not impinged.

the majority of small business run on short term financial projections and cash flow. Most of these will fail if their cash flow is blocked for 12 to 16 weeks. 

the rugby league clubs have players on contract, their contract payments will be due regardless of the games being played... further one would assume that season tickets will be required to be refunded of the advertised product is not forthcoming.

i feel your comment is naive at best and grossly inaccurate. 

20 minutes ago, newbe said:

This crisis (it is) will sort out clubs who run there business correctly weather it be S/L to League 1. It will get rid of all the wood. Just my opinion 

Quote anon...

Whether the weather be fine, or whether the weather be not, 
Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot, 
We'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, 
Whether we like it or not.

whether it be the weather to cause the disappearance of wood?!? Well who knows 

and 

another little (abbreviated) helpful hint...

“There’ is geographical, referring to a place
Or use it with the verb to be, as in ‘there is your face’.
‘Their’ with an i is used to indicate possession
so their mistake to spell it ‘there’ is quite an indiscretion.
And they’re is ‘they are’ shortened; what is known as a contraction
To use that one instead of ‘there’ drives people to distraction.
So now there can be no excuse. Please pass this on to share
a way of being accurate with there, their and they’re.”

They also surve, who stand and wait.

PS: cofveve.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Oh, surviving! I thought this thread was about ping pong or something.

Can I just point out to you, MoK, that I am a practitioner of 'table tennis' at the highest level (aka 'Salisbury & District League, Division 2'), and it is known by that name, not 'ping pong'!

...OK, 'ping pong' it is! 

Why do we need to get rid of all the wood? I’d rather get rid of one use plastics. What weather do we need to surve to do that? 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

According to this week's Rugby League Express Catalans are really worried by their problems caused by the pandemic.

They won't be the only or the last.

Troubling times and the whole scenario is fraught with possibilities.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

As I understand it, many sports are planning to survive by borrowing against their future TV income. This may not be possible for SL with only one year left on the Sky deal. CVC could step in to the rescue, but have complete control over the game. Worrying times for all.

Archived