1895 Cup

Blind side johnny

With all of the uncertanties at present does anybody think that the 1895 cup will still go ahead?

Even without any further postponements, which must surely be unavoidable, we and other clubs still have games to reschedule. Would there be enough weekends left in the year, or will we play into the winter months (September and October)?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

33 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

With all of the uncertanties at present does anybody think that the 1895 cup will still go ahead?

Even without any further postponements, which must surely be unavoidable, we and other clubs still have games to reschedule. Would there be enough weekends left in the year, or will we play into the winter months (September and October)?

Good points BSJ.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we lose both the 1895 and challenge cups this season.   That way we might get the season finished in September/ October should it prove necessary/ possible. 

Everything is up in the air at the moment and I can't see any spectator sport going ahead unless it is behind closed doors for tv viewing only. Even then this is a slim expectation for the next 3 months...

I think this season will eventually be cancelled

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Everything is up in the air at the moment and I can't see any spectator sport going ahead unless it is behind closed doors for tv viewing only. Even then this is a slim expectation for the next 3 months...

I think this season will eventually be cancelled

I agree. Sport behind closed doors is terrible though, isn't it? If you watch any of it on TV it is simply sterile and soulless.

What will you and I do without each other for so long then, PM?

?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't go to the pub, club or anywhere else you enjoy with mates.

What's left...…...……......……......…...……...…...……...

Us over 70's might as well curl up and depart this mortal coil, that will save the government oddles and oodles of cash.

52 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I agree. Sport behind closed doors is terrible though, isn't it? If you watch any of it on TV it is simply sterile and soulless.

?

Well when the season restarts in April I can give you written updates on how badly Dewsbury are doing as you and 85% of Dewsbury supporters will still be in isolation until September ??

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

?

Yes, it’s like watching a Donny home match.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

15 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Well when the season restarts in April I can give you written updates on how badly Dewsbury are doing as you and 85% of Dewsbury supporters will still be in isolation until September ??

Not me PM, I have a few months grace yet.

Avoiding any comments about Batley's performances seems wise though, so I can understand why you will do so.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not me PM, I have a few months grace yet.

Avoiding any comments about Batley's performances seems wise though, so I can understand why you will do so.

I thought with this being the Dewsbury forum you'd not appreciate be going on about how great Batley are, but I'm happy to point out we've finished higher in the league than you for the past 20 years and haven't lost a meaningful match to Dewsbury since 1975...

Batley RLFC are the dogs bits ?

How's that?

51 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I thought with this being the Dewsbury forum you'd not appreciate be going on about how great Batley are, but I'm happy to point out we've finished higher in the league than you for the past 20 years and haven't lost a meaningful match to Dewsbury since 1975...

Batley RLFC are the dogs bits ?

How's that?

I used to get in trouble when trolling other clubs forums ??

In these dark days people have better things to do than take any notice of the drivel I post!

14 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

You still manage to get a few bites though.

And therein lies the real talent ?

Archived