Season Suspended

14 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd back a snowball's chances over the game going ahead.

Could well be snowing again the next time we get a game. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

10 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd back a snowball's chances over the game going ahead.

We all know that pigs might fly before  that  happens but even you  have  got to admit first game back wakey away challenge cup is prepossessing 

A view from the club. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, POR said:

We all know that pigs might fly before  that  happens but even you  have  got to admit first game back wakey away challenge cup is prepossessing 

If/when the season resumes I'd be very surprised if the first game is the CC tie against Wakefield. And the prospect of visiting BV doesn't exactly fill me with excitement.

I don't think playing behind closed doors is an option in the near future either- Although RL players are generally fit and probably a lower risk than most, how many of them have pregnant wives or girl friends? They are mainly in the 18-35 range, which is also the highest child bearing age range too, so their partners should be protected until we know more about the risk, if any, to unborn babies. 

I think we are going to see some very tough testing times in rugby league.

Now to me I think SKY TV who basically at this moment in time fund rugby league should advance the clubs say 6 months monies so players can get paid their basic contract money and other overheads paid.

And in my opinion SKY can afford it.

And I believe SKY are a subsidiary of COMCAST who are worth billions upon billions of US$ so they can afford it.

On 19/03/2020 at 00:17, Robthegasman said:

I think we are going to see some very tough testing times in rugby league.

Now to me I think SKY TV who basically at this moment in time fund rugby league should advance the clubs say 6 months monies so players can get paid their basic contract money and other overheads paid.

And in my opinion SKY can afford it.

And I believe SKY are a subsidiary of COMCAST who are worth billions upon billions of US$ so they can afford it.

I think Bill Gates should give me a million quid. He can afford it.

53 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I think Bill Gates should give me a million quid. He can afford it.

You must remember that you have to pay the Bill at the Gates first. There is always a snag.

I can honestly see this season being cancelled and Clubs unless Sky bails us out going to the wall. I think we’ll be alright but it doesn’t make it right does it. As you look athe bigger picture which I have never come across as most of you haven’t even though we are Rugby fans it falls into insignificance when there are people dying.We must take it on the chin and think about our family coming through this vile time. Hope we are all in good health when this virus comes to an end. If the season does start it’s a bonus.

43 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

I can honestly see this season being cancelled and Clubs unless Sky bails us out going to the wall. I think we’ll be alright but it doesn’t make it right does it. As you look athe bigger picture which I have never come across as most of you haven’t even though we are Rugby fans it falls into insignificance when there are people dying.We must take it on the chin and think about our family coming through this vile time. Hope we are all in good health when this virus comes to an end. If the season does start it’s a bonus.

What you say is highly relevant. However in the past we have survived as a game through two world wars and a 100 years ago the dreadful Spanish Flu that killed numerous people. We have to observe the rules given us about how we act but eventually the crisis will be over. Then the game will recommence. We must support OUR club to the best of our abilities. If we keep our chins up and act responsibly we will get there in the end. UTR.

17 hours ago, jamescolin said:

What you say is highly relevant. However in the past we have survived as a game through two world wars and a 100 years ago the dreadful Spanish Flu that killed numerous people. We have to observe the rules given us about how we act but eventually the crisis will be over. Then the game will recommence. We must support OUR club to the best of our abilities. If we keep our chins up and act responsibly we will get there in the end. UTR.

Does this eventually indicate the return of part time rugby?.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 14:00, Robthegasman said:

I think what he means is the return of players who play for top flight clubs being part time players as opposed to full time.

Correct. Part time throughout all the leagues.

Archived