Coral Challenge Cup 6th Round Draw...

Ties due to be played weekend of 4th/5th April...

Wigan v Warrington

York v Castleford

Widnes v Catalans 

Wakefield  v Featherstone

Newcastle v Toronto

Leeds v Hull KR

Salford v St Helens

Sheffield v Hull FC

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Ties due to be played weekend of 4th/5th April...

Wigan v Warrington

York v Castleford

Widnes v Catalans 

Wakefield  v Featherstone

Newcastle v Toronto

Leeds v Hull KR

Salford v St Helens

Sheffield v Hull FC

What year?

3 minutes ago, doc said:

What year?

Gawd knows...

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

A comfort in this ever-changing world in which live in that Wigan are drawn against Warrington in the earlier stages of the Cup.

How many times in the last 12 years. 

35 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

A comfort in this ever-changing world in which live in that Wigan are drawn against Warrington in the earlier stages of the Cup.

Just like last year

It's Wigan this year.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

12 minutes ago, Celt said:

almost like a local derby you mean?

How fortunate that all yorkshire teams drew yorkshire opposition, no fans have to travel to Newcastle, and Catalans got a home draw, negating the potential problems around flying into france.  All North West teams coincidentally will play their games in the north west too.

Essentially no fans have to travel at all.  Such a lucky coincidence given the challenges we currently face.

A bit of everything: Derby games, attractive home draws for York and Thunder, a potential banana skin for coachless Hull.

18 minutes ago, Celt said:

almost like a local derby you mean?

How fortunate that all yorkshire teams drew yorkshire opposition, no fans have to travel to Newcastle, and Catalans got a home draw, negating the potential problems around flying into france.  All North West teams coincidentally will play their games in the north west too.

Essentially no fans have to travel at all.  Such a lucky coincidence given the challenges we currently face.

If I could be bothered I’d work it out but I don’t think the probability of that draw (all local games other than Toronto and Catalans) happening randomly is actually that low.

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If I could be bothered I’d work it out but I don’t think the probability of that draw (all local games other than Toronto and Catalans) happening randomly is actually that low.

Are you implying that Rimmer got someone to grasp his warm balls? 

56 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

A bit of everything: Derby games, attractive home draws for York and Thunder, a potential banana skin for coachless Hull.

If a team is faced with a potential banana skin in that tie it's Sheffield.

Just a random (so probably stupid) thought. I wonder what the possibility of these games being played behind closed doors is?

The financial hit to the teams will be less as none of these are planned for games, crowds tend to be less for the Challenge Cup and income is shared after expenses.

The calendar for the cup is maintained should restrictions be lifted, it's also one less game to be caught up (assuming the cup is still played for).

Broadcasters can be offered all the games as a bit of goodwill so hopefully maintaining good relations

Not sure what mass gatherings mean in terms of numbers but if England is following the Scottish government lead the 500 tickets can be given to season ticket holders - 250 each.

Of course player welfare has to come first and medical advice followed, so maybe not feasible. 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

2 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Challenge Cup will be cancelled this year

I don't agree with you very often but I am sorry to say that this is one of those times.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if these games never get played.

7 hours ago, spanishknight said:

All home wins except Saints.

Newcastle to beat Toronto? Widnes to beat Catalans? York to beat Castleford? What have you been drinking?

In any case the round is most unlikely to take place, certainly not on the dates planned..

Archived