Rugby League Suspended

silverfox

12 minutes ago, silverfox said:

TERRIBLE NEWS ,JUST HOPE THAT ALL CLUBS CAN GET THROUGH IT . ITS GOING TO BE HARD WITH NO INCOME COMING IN . 

No income coming in to pay players contracts gonna be hard for town and haven if there's no games for a length of time . Would say both clubs are paying fair contracts to a good few player's. 

It will be seriously testing times for the club and hope the rfl put some contingency plans in place to assist any club that needs help. But should this carry on for any length of time I am really concerned that clubs may not be able to survive and potentially change the face of the game. 

It was to be expected. And rugby should never get in the way of peoples health. I'm sure the outstanding community, fans and board members will all rally round to make sure Workington Town still have a bright future. Still very early days to be talking like this but the uncertainty around this unprecedented matter has all concerned

4 hours ago, snoopdog said:

Very strong leadership required from the RFL, not sure how part time clubs will survive without additional funding or players/staff accept contracts can't be paid in this unprecedented period.

I've just cancelled my sky sports.

Following on from a post on the main forum I would be willing to give some of that monthly subscription money to help out Town - any thoughts on this?

Crowd fund page for town ?

I appreciate not everyone could afford it but even £10 a month for the next few months from a few hundred fans may just help keep our club alive.

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Following on from a post on the main forum I would be willing to give some of that monthly subscription money to help out Town - any thoughts on this?

I appreciate not everyone could afford it but even £10 a month for the next few months from a few hundred fans may just help keep our club alive.

Great idea, no good sitting back.  this could finish clubs like town, haven etc.

5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Had a similar thought myself, I would have been going to both of the home games over the next couple of weeks and would quite happily still give my admission money to the club if it were to help. I’m also in the process of cancelling sky sports which could also be diverted to the club. I’m well aware that there will be plenty of people affected financially by this whole saga but anybody in a position to help I’m sure would be greatly appreciated.

59 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Spoke to a few doing the same . They’ll still take all your cash for nothing ... then charge you PPV for some boxing when it’s on !

6 hours ago, IanMac said:

Had a similar thought myself, I would have been going to both of the home games over the next couple of weeks and would quite happily still give my admission money to the club if it were to help. I’m also in the process of cancelling sky sports which could also be diverted to the club. I’m well aware that there will be plenty of people affected financially by this whole saga but anybody in a position to help I’m sure would be greatly appreciated.

Great idea. 

4 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Got to agree. Even though there I no game. I would happily 'donate' an admission fee to see us through 

Hope someone from the club reads these and puts something in place if this situation carries on past the first week in April - which it obviously will.

I no at barrow the club as debenture holders,were supporters over the years buy debentures to help fund the club.they hold meetings every now an then on  issues at the club , which help support the board members. barrow needed a new board a few years ago it was the debenture holders who voted the new board members on, it's like giving money to the club but being a life long supporter to the club,we could call it something along those lines, Workington town life long supporter's club?

1 hour ago, Sticklebricks said:

As not flush, but I would happily do a tenner a week for duration of the closure if something could be sorted, I think it’s cheap for something I love it’s our team and we need to keep it alive utt

Totally agree marra, my wife looks like she is going to get no pay through all this but like you i love the club and will do whatever I can to help, UTT

16 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Totally agree marra, my wife looks like she is going to get no pay through all this but like you i love the club and will do whatever I can to help, UTT

But I am pretty sure your wife will still be here at the end of it all, but will the club if people don’t do something to help utt

I’m not tech savvy, so how would you go about setting something up to donate a weekly sum, can I do it or would the club have to do it, is there anyone else out there that would be able or willing to give something, how do you get more people to be aware of what we are wanting to do???     Any help or advice gratefully accepted utt

Archived