Rugby League Suspended

silverfox

1 hour ago, Sticklebricks said:

I’m not tech savvy, so how would you go about setting something up to donate a weekly sum, can I do it or would the club have to do it, is there anyone else out there that would be able or willing to give something, how do you get more people to be aware of what we are wanting to do???     Any help or advice gratefully accepted utt

I'm guessing a 1945 club membership would be the first thing to look at. Apologies if you're already signed up

50 minutes ago, Town Army said:

I'm guessing a 1945 club membership would be the first thing to look at. Apologies if you're already 

Thanks so much! I definitely need you to put on forum that you've spoke to a players mrs and although we are deeply deeply grateful for the thought of donations to the players we are very humbled but would love the money pooled together to be used to buy supplies for people who are isolated and are in great need especially elderly and as schools are closing, families who highly depend on free school meals. 

Bern asked to put this on

14 hours ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Thanks so much! I definitely need you to put on forum that you've spoke to a players mrs and although we are deeply deeply grateful for the thought of donations to the players we are very humbled but would love the money pooled together to be used to buy supplies for people who are isolated and are in great need especially elderly and as schools are closing, families who highly depend on free school meals. 

Bern asked to put this on

I'm assuming any funding ideas that arise would be to keep our fantastic club alive and donations wouldn't be for the players ?

Yeah I understand that wages will be a huge issue , but the message implied that fundraising would go direct to the players, all funding should go to the club who can then priorities , keeping a roof over our head is number one in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Yeah I understand that wages will be a huge issue , but the message implied that fundraising would go direct to the players, all funding should go to the club who can then priorities , keeping a roof over our head is number one in my opinion.

Absolutely marra if there’s no club not a lot of need for players.dont think people will be as keen to donate( all be it’s still a great cause ) if it’s not to keep the club afloat 

On 16/03/2020 at 18:29, IanMac said:

It will be seriously testing times for the club and hope the rfl put some contingency plans in place to assist any club that needs help. But should this carry on for any length of time I am really concerned that clubs may not be able to survive and potentially change the face of the game. 

Cant see any finical help coming from the rfl, they have finical troubles themselves, 

Please  share, Thank you.

the poster for kids.jpg

Not rugby related. But the reds have just found out their season is to be voided! 10pts clear at the top. Been top of the pile for vast majority of the season!

Feel for everyone at the club. They've had a great year under Danny Grainger. Now like most lower league clubs in all sports, fighting for their future.  

On 20/03/2020 at 22:20, JMB said:

Cant see any finical help coming from the rfl, they have finical troubles themselves, 

Please  share, Thank you.

the poster for kids.jpg

Add to that , teenagers ... you can die as well . More n more young healthy people will die , take that in if nothing else does. I go to local clinics regularly , and they scare me with what they say and how it’s gonna be , and right here is a hotspot 

53 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Not rugby related. But the reds have just found out their season is to be voided! 10pts clear at the top. Been top of the pile for vast majority of the season!

Feel for everyone at the club. They've had a great year under Danny Grainger. Now like most lower league clubs in all sports, fighting for their future.  

That’s complete rubbish . Things should be deferred or should stand , you’ve earned that 

PS I’d make an exception for the Premier League . Null and void ....?

Even if it takes till next year  to start up again , the fixtures should be completed .what happens if the new season starts and virus starts up again .god help it doesnt . You should finish what you started .So finish this season fixtures first . Typical two Cumbrian  teams top of there league's  and wont get promoted . Wonder if the same will happen to Liverpool . 

31 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Even if it takes till next year  to start up again , the fixtures should be completed .what happens if the new season starts and virus starts up again .god help it doesnt . You should finish what you started .So finish this season fixtures first . Typical two Cumbrian  teams top of there league's  and wont get promoted . Wonder if the same will happen to Liverpool . 

Barrow will as its conference premier and they'll need someone up to replace Bury

15 hours ago, silverfox said:

Several teams might not even exist in 12 months time.

18 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Several teams might not even exist in 12 months time.

If this goes on for any length of time, which I think is likely, the face of some sports will be changed beyond belief. The next payment of  money from nine and Fox  to the nrl is apparently being stopped. Not sure how financially viable Australian rugby league is but overall those 2 companies put apparently 400 million dollars into the sport for broadcasting rights. That’s an awful lot of money and those broadcasters might just have the upper hand when they come to negotiate new contracts which just might be a lot less than they are now. Hopefully we’ll all still be about to watch the sport we love, whatever it’s form, when it’s all sorted. Stay safe everyone.

In Cumbria all our local clubs will struggle finically, rugby and football alike, but what I can definitely tell you is, as Cumbrians we have without doubt the best supporters of all in our amateur and semi pro sports, once all this is over the supporters and the community's will pull together in what any way it takes to keep all our clubs going. Cumbrian and proud,   Stay safe people

Archived