whats inside next weeks league express?

? seriously though, another knock on effect of the strange times we have entered? - an interview with Ronnie rhino or a garry Schofield top ten insults? 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No idea if the journalists that write for it are paid, and if they are, that they’re anything more than self-employed, but I do hope that they’ll not suffer too much from the effects of a lack of Rugby League. 

Yes, we are all paid. For some of us it’s our main job, so worrying times for us all, same as for everyone else.

We will keep publishing. 

We hope our readers, whether in print, digital or on TotalRL Premium will keep buying.

There may be no games to report, but there are still many stories to be told from within our sport, and lets face it, no one else is going to be telling them if we don’t.

Myself and all my colleagues at LPL are busy working out how to transfer what we do in the office to a home working situation, and keep the League Express and Rugby League World flag flying, until such time as the sport returns to action and life returns to some kind of normality.

If you are able to stick with us and support us through this period, we will do our level best to keep you entertained and informed. 

Keep Calm, Carry On... and stop buying too many toilet rolls!!!!

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Yes, we are all paid. For some of us it’s our main job, so worrying times for us all, same as for everyone else.

We will keep publishing. 

We hope our readers, whether in print, digital or on TotalRL Premium will keep buying.

There may be no games to report, but there are still many stories to be told from within our sport, and lets face it, no one else is going to be telling them if we don’t.

Myself and all my colleagues at LPL are busy working out how to transfer what we do in the office to a home working situation, and keep the League Express and Rugby League World flag flying, until such time as the sport returns to action and life returns to some kind of normality.

If you are able to stick with us and support us through this period, we will do our level best to keep you entertained and informed. 

I've got an idea, maybe not a good one,. But an idea none the less.

Why not print match reports from the corresponding week from a bygone year?

It would be great to read the odd old report from say 1994 or such like.

Or just have an extended mailbag, say a positive v negative play off and a realists v fantasist one ?

40 minutes ago, John Drake said:

We will keep publishing. 

I would enjoy an analytical progress report on each club's start to the season.

I know it's early days but it's always interesting to evaluate teams during a break. 

Is this possible please? 

Also I would enjoy reading about seasons from the 70s and 80s.

10 hours ago, meast said:

I've got an idea, maybe not a good one,. But an idea none the less.

Why not print match reports from the corresponding week from a bygone year?

It would be great to read the odd old report from say 1994 or such like.

Or just have an extended mailbag, say a positive v negative play off and a realists v fantasist one ?

A great idea meast

I suggest starting with the 1907/8 season?

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Can we have no talk of people’s structure change ideas or how they’d finish the 2020 season, please? There’s enough of that on here. 

spacer.png

In my view none of the rugby press or tv shows pay any heed (or very little) of the history of our great game.

Would it be possible to run a series of club histories for each club currently in membership and then follow this up with the same for defunct clubs?

Also a series of well-written features on great players from the past (and I mean right back to day 1).

Anybody watching Sky with  their constant reference to Super League records could easily believe nothing happened until Sky came along.  Players such as Bevan, Fox (Neil), Rosenfeld, etc etc could be covered

Just a thought.

BarrowRaiders-keithnutter-1.png

My idea is to have a competition across all clubs since, say yeat 2000 where each week you pick a random year and select that week's results to get points and points difference, building a table so that we can have the RLE virtual table with the winners of each league. Couple this with old match reports and it could be fun.

On 16/03/2020 at 21:33, John Drake said:

We will keep publishing. 

I’ll be keeping my subscription no matter, hope everything works out ok for you guys ?

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Archived