• Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Any room left for drugged up poultry? 

There's a perch at the end of the bar.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Any room left for insane poultry? 

Have you been chlorinated?

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

25 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Any room left for insane poultry? 

What do you think this is? Earl de Grey?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

16 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

No but I bleached my feathers extra white before I came down here. 

I'll ask the barman to order extra pairs of shades.

I have a "Bunker" mentality, whether this is due to living in single room, nursing accommodation,, I don't know. but i'm having a laugh at all the numpties chasing around toilet rolls all day, whats the Metro for? Try Izal.

I have a full kitchen top freezer full of chicken, and pizza & chips, more pasta/rice/couscous than I can eat for a month, tinned stuff, and frozen fish/chicken/pork, and I can bake my own bread/pasta/curries, everyone round to my place? I don't think so.

I'm on Universal Credit, surely working monkeys can sort themselves out?

7 hours ago, Shadow said:

I've actually also got my own remote 

I recall Edwards saying shortly after this game, that it was the dirge like anthem Swing Low that inspired the Wigan comeback

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

7 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I recall Edwards saying shortly after this game, that it was the dirge like anthem Swing Low that inspired the Wigan comeback

The interesting thing was, being in the crowd in what was a fairly non partisan event, how many people got right behind Wigan. There was a palpable feeling of anticipation and excitement when they came out for their first game. It was probably where I got my first introduction to Rugby League and came away impressed. 

15 minutes ago, Shadow said:

The interesting thing was, being in the crowd in what was a fairly non partisan event, how many people got right behind Wigan. There was a palpable feeling of anticipation and excitement when they came out for their first game. It was probably where I got my first introduction to Rugby League and came away impressed. 

I remember there was so much curiosity about this and the two cross-code matches. Then shock (from one side of the divide, at least) after what happened at Maine Road, which really ramped up the interest in Wigan's Sevens appearance.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I remember there was so much curiosity about this and the two cross-code matches. Then shock (from one side of the divide, at least) after what happened at Maine Road, which really ramped up the interest in Wigan's Sevens appearance.

I was in the “I think these northern chaps are in for a bit of a surprise” crew before the first match, and in the “I did not expect that” crew after the game.

the return match was less of a surprise in a League team wins At League Union team wins at Union style. 

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I was in the “I think these northern chaps are in for a bit of a surprise” crew before the first match, and in the “I did not expect that” crew after the game.

the return match was less of a surprise in a League team wins At League Union team wins at Union style. 

Bath had certainly had a tactical meeting or two about how to play the return fixture during their week off.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

White Rat has just arrived on the bar, don't panic Mr. H Goose, its a beer not a rodent.

Archived