The TRL Virtual Pub

16 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

‘Errr, ‘Scuse me.  I ordered the Hot Pot four days ago and it still hasn’t arrived’.

Betty died 9 years ago, I know news is slow to get to Oz but jeez.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to unprecedented demand a decision has been made to open the windows overlooking the car park and offer a drive through bar service.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

15 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/crosswords/quick/15561

If we can't go out, we can still do a crossword, just 3 Clues stumped me today

Which three?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Which three?

7 down, not many Virgins around here to ask, 3 down, just wouldn't connect, and 19 down, of course I used the auto fill-in but I always wait until I think I know the answer before pressing the button.

29 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

7 down, not many Virgins around here to ask, 3 down, just wouldn't connect, and 19 down, of course I used the auto fill-in but I always wait until I think I know the answer before pressing the button.

3 down was definitely one for the older folks.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

42 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

What do you call a Virgin in Hastings? A tourist.

Just finished my cider and on my way back to the bar, sidestepping the Toronto cut-outs you'd placed around us southerners, noticed that there small stage, with a mic, in the corner. So I'm going to entertain you northern folk with a bit of poetry recital. 

Hope you understood that. ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

16 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

That's it, I'm getting the absinthe out. 

You'll need this on the jukebox then .....

PAUL CÉZANNE: “The Card Players”, 1893-96                                 EDGAR DEGAS: “L'absinthe (absinthe drinkers)", 1876

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

That takes me back to my 21st birthday back in 1984.  The DJ in the pub asked if anyone wanted to try the yard of ale.  People wrote their name down on a sheet of paper and a name was drawn out ... mine.  Apparently nearly everyone had written my name down.  
So I was asked to take my T shirt off and stand on a chair next to the DJ.  Wobbling on the chair I was given the yard of ale full of Yorkshire Bitter.  I started drinking it and got down to the ball.  Then all hell broke loose.  The beer sloshed down the tube and most went up my nose.  I turned to my left and vomited the beer plus the 5 or 6 pints I already drank all over the DJ and his tape deck.  The regulars cheered, I fell off the stool and DJ went mental and wanted to chin me.

I went to the bogs and washed myself.  My mates then bought me a PINT of Bacardi and coke which I supped.  I remembered staggering out before closing time.  My next memory is one mate shaking me and saying ‘you need to get up’.  I thought why is my mate in my bedroom.  An even more frightening thought was ‘Bloody hell is he in bed with me!!!!’.  

When I sat up I found I was in the middle of the main road next to the pub.  I had either passed out or just laid down to go to sleep.  The reason I hadn’t been run over is that it had been snowing so drivers could easily see me laid down and many cars had carefully driven around me.  Oh, we all a good laugh about that.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Why are there no packets of Cheese, Pickles and Biscuits behind the bar, what sort of a pub is this?

Just now, bobbruce said:

Sorry Padge panic buyers came in and cleaned us out last week. 

B@st@rds

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

Not to worry the fella selling crab sticks should be in any minute. 

I want nothing to do with a bloke with crabs on his sticks.

Any lobster snacks going.

Sccuuuseee Bbbmmeee i need to thowwww, gulpgulp  UUUUUUUUUUUUUppppppppppppppppppppp.

24 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Do off licences exist anymore? I assumed they just sort of amalgamated into the general convenience stores we have. 

They are few and far between.

A few pubs with an Off-Sales License have been turning to Off License sales and delivery.

Archived