The TRL Virtual Pub

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

What night is **** night in here? I have to show off somewhere, right?

It can be whatever night you want it to be, we're a very inclusive imaginary pub, just look around you, there's a rhinosaurus over there, a shadow being, a conspiracy theorist who believes rugby league does whatever sky says and carries a massive gift-wrapped dildo round with him, someone who might be welsh, not sure, some southerners behind those Toronto cutouts in the corner, a talking goose, the 8th Bob (bit suspicious of him, curious as to what he did to the first 7 bobs) and even a woman! 

38 minutes ago, fatboystu said:

This is my first visit.......I've walked in, looked round and I'm off back out the door ?

Why?

33 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Why?

Why?

Why?

Delilah

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Thought I would put something to cheer everyone up on the jukebox.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I think "Desolation Row" by Bob Dylan would be an apt signature tune for the current state of the nation.

It's quite long too!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I don't suppose the jukebox has Ton Koopman playing Thomas Tompkins' A sad pavan for these distracted times on it?  

No, I didn't think so!

Here's another drinking song, but you may recognise it from another, later, set of lyrics by Francis Scott Key.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, Damien said:

Anyone else want one? I'm buying.

I'll have half a pint of ouzo thrown over ice and a side of water.

Sod it make it a pint of ouzo while you're paying and I'm on leave.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

I'll have half a pint of ouzo thrown over ice and a side of water.

Sod it make it a pint of ouzo while you're paying and I'm on leave.

???
That's it now folks. I've been told I have to clear my tab now its in 3 figures. There's just no trust these days, they must think I'm Matt Hancock or something ?

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

???
That's it now folks. I've been told I have to clear my tab now its in 3 figures. There's just no trust these days, they must think I'm Matt Hancock or something ?

Bloody typical, I was just going to ask for a bucket of tequila sunrise for the wife.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

No worries ??. Just stick it on my tab please barman.

I either need to change my username or my hearing aid battery.

I keep thinking my name is being called.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

IMG_3879.jpg

What the ..............?  Have you lot been here all night?  There's broken glass and feathers everywhere.  Where's all he ouzo gone and who's that on the pool table snoring?  I don't even want to know what you've got paused on the tv!!

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

2 hours ago, heartofGold said:

What the ..............?  Have you lot been here all night?  There's broken glass and feathers everywhere.  Where's all he ouzo gone and who's that on the pool table snoring?  I don't even want to know what you've got paused on the tv!!

Sorry, the TV was me, when mumby and RLDWSS fell asleep in the middle of “Snowy white and Seven Dwarfs do Dallas “ I swapped it to something really filthy

image.thumb.jpeg.421c1c04eed7f71a824e657608151a20.jpeg

2 hours ago, heartofGold said:

It was all Tu'penny Ethel's fault she went to the juke and put £5 in which started the dancing between Damien and the Bearman which was fine but the last thing she put on triggered a race memory and a stampede for the bar and dancing partners like you wouldn't believe, the lyrics haunt me still

"Yeah we're drinking and we're dancing
but there's nothing really happening
and the place is dead as Heaven on a Saturday night
And my very close companion
gets me fumbling gets me laughing
she's a hundred but she's wearing
something tight
and I lift my glass to the Awful Truth
which you can't reveal to the Ears of Youth
except to say it isn't worth a dime
And the whole damn place goes crazy twice
and it's once for the devil and once for Christ
but the Boss don't like these dizzy heights
we're busted in the blinding lights,
busted in the blinding lights
of CLOSING TIME "

Then someone realised it was Leonard Cohen, shouted "Bloody Canucks!" and Kayakman led the Maples across the floor singing "When you're a wolf" to the tune of a song from Westside Story!  All of which would've been fine but then Parksider came in and everything kicked off, big time. After that shadow put on yawn and everyone was asleep when the police arrived.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived