No games until....?

Bearman

The RFL communique says games are suspended until early April. Some commentators think this is ambitious.

The government advice is for punters to stop using clubs and pubs, so if followed the Raiders income will be restricted to shop sales and lotteries and?.

Without money through the gate there will still be outgoings, contracted wages and Craven Park's bills to be met.  Its not just RL clubs soccer teams ( AFC included) will be feeling the pinch. 

Worrying times ahead.

Stay safe.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

This will go on for months there is no way any sports will be taking place in April this virus is goto change the world alot of clubs won't survive this unfortunately I don't think there is anything that can be done to secure clubs financially 

I would fully expect the season to be abandoned. We're only two games in and it's unlikely we'll be seeing any sport for 3 months+.

The football is relatively close to a conclusion so they'll make attempts to get the season finished. I don't see that being feasible for summer rugby without a serious knock on to next season. Starting anew in 2021 would be likely I think.

If the season does restart, it's probably unwise to attempt the Challenge cup. I'd put my house on the 1895 cup having been all but culled already

I'm going to keep paying the monthly season ticket for now but it'll be the first thing to be cut if / when money gets tight and unpaid leave becomes an issue.

Suppose I'm lucky as a pensioner, guaranteed (fixed) income for life, ST only had 10 games but at £100 was £40 cheaper than pay on the gate -I sit in the stand - and even though I'd miss as a minimum 2 games I was happy with my purchase.

Hoping that the money helps you keep RL in Barrow, plus I'm in the 1895 Club(?) and just joined the 200 Club.

Never been as frightened / concerned of a disease in my 70+ years life, I'm just hoping we all get through it and see Rugby League at CP in 2021 if it doesn't happen this year.

Sincere best wishes to all at the club from the Chairman, through the BOD the training staff the people in the shop and office, the fans and of course the players.

David Taylor

@750VFR

Archived