Next Hull FC coach

24 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

As much as I like them, Gareth Ellis and Paul Cooke??  Has Andy Last or Kieron Purtell really got a shot??  

I despair when I read some of these journalists.  

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/six-contenders-to-be-new-hull-fc-head-coach/

I would only be happy with Fitzgibbon or Ward out of that lot. Although Cooke might be an interesting option as an assistant.

14 minutes ago, MZH said:

I would only be happy with Fitzgibbon or Ward out of that lot. Although Cooke might be an interesting option as an assistant.

Ward is a bit of an anomaly in that he was a forward, but plays a plays a backs oriented game.  IMO, of course.

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

As much as I like them, Gareth Ellis and Paul Cooke??  Has Andy Last or Kieron Purtell really got a shot??  

I despair when I read some of these journalists.  

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/six-contenders-to-be-new-hull-fc-head-coach/

Tut, tut, 

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/350199-who-next-for-the-position-of-head-coach-at-hull-fc/

It hasn't even fallen off the first page and you contributed to it!

Where are your manners?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Why isn't Trent Barrett being considered?  He  had two years as a player at Wigan.  Barrett was later head coach of Manly Warringah 2016-18, during which time he had an inconsistent record, which included 6th place one year, and second last in his final year..

Barrett is now one of two assistant coaches to Ivan Cleary at Penrith Panthers.

However Craig Fitzgibbon is obviously a strong contender, given his two years as a player at Hull FC, where he was very popular, and his time as an assistant coach working with the masterful and extremely successful Trent Robinson at the Sydney Roosters. I am sure that Fitzgibbon is happy in his current position, but I doubt that he would turn down the offer of a well paid head coach position at Hull FC.

15 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Tut, tut, 

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/350199-who-next-for-the-position-of-head-coach-at-hull-fc/

It hasn't even fallen off the first page and you contributed to it!

Where are your manners?

Never thought about it mate, more of the daft list put together.

Mods, can you meld this with OFs thread?  I don't want him driven to drink.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Mods, can you meld this with OFs thread?  I don't want him driven to drink.

Wouldn't worry about that, mate. He usually goes on his bike.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

15 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Why isn't Trent Barrett being considered?  He  had two years as a player at Wigan.  Barrett was later head coach of Manly Warringah 2016-18, during which time he had an inconsistent record, which included 6th place one year, and second last in his final year..

Barrett is now one of two assistant coaches to Ivan Cleary at Penrith Panthers.

However Craig Fitzgibbon is obviously a strong contender, given his two years as a player at Hull FC, where he was very popular, and his time as an assistant coach working with the masterful and extremely successful Trent Robinson at the Sydney Roosters. I am sure that Fitzgibbon is happy in his current position, but I doubt that he would turn down the offer of a well paid head coach position at Hull FC.

Hasn’t he only just joined Penrith as assistant? 

Id go for Danny Ward.  It always seems so tense and serious up there and it must rub off onto the players.  Danny has a really refreshing laid back attitude which takes pressure off players, it would help to not have a local / ex Hull man too (and he gets results and plays good footy).

23 minutes ago, MZH said:

Sean Long apparently.

That would be a stupid appointment and will not happen.

I hope the position is filled by someone with involvement in the NRL.  The team needs to get some on field determination & discipline back in it.

Get John Kear back.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Why anyone would leave te NRL for Hull baffles me.

James Ford?

Another then assistant coach at the Sydney Roosters, Justin Holbrook, left his position in the NRL to become head coach at St Helens -- a very successful appointment, which later led to him becoming head coach at the Gold Coast Titans in 2020.

So are you in fact saying that moving to Hull, working at the whim of and under the control of the cruel and heartless Adam Pearson, would be a different, much worse choice than moving to St. Helens working under the kind and affable Eamonn McManus?

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

That would be a stupid appointment and will not happen.

I hope the position is filled by someone with involvement in the NRL.  The team needs to get some on field determination & discipline back in it.

Out of interest, why would it be stupid?

Archived