NRL Camera angles

The BBC had swivelling post-pad cameras for a while.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I loathe this practice of cutting from the main panoramic camera to a low-angle, behind the goal line view when the action moves towards the corner. You suddenly go from the best seat in the house, where you can see the pattern of play in perspective, to no more than a blurry impression of what`s happening. These angles are fine as replays, complementing the main angle, but not in real time coverage.

I think their coverage and Skys coverage could merge with the best bits of both to improve them both.

Just 1 of example - Sky does too many replays, and they don't seem to understand that you could put a replay in the corner, or even keep the live action in the corner while showing the other. Whereas I often find the NRL don't do enough replays of certain errors or great plays (they're very hit and miss when they decide to show replays I've found)

The nrl don't usually show a replay when it's a close refs decision so as not to question every single penalty or refs decision, where sky show it seven times and the commentators argue about it. Also they don't usually show dropped balls etc, but then again it may be because they go to commercials on channel 9

Archived